Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs Help Please....

Default 3gs Help Please....
    Guys-

I have purchased two iphone 32 3gs phones. I have used pwange before but have had problems jailbreaking these guys.

I am currently running 3.1.3 and the phones have never been jailbroken before. While making my custom firmware the phone never gets recognized with pwnage. So i put my phone in dfu mode and tried installing custom firmware with itunes but it never worked. I also put the phone in recovery mode and tried that as well. I get the 1600 error and the 1604 error.

What do i need to do to get these phones jailbroken? I dont think the shsh fix will help me becuase the phones were never jailbroken before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

i am using pwnage 3.1.5... I believe after i do this upgarding to 4.0 will be very simple using the pwange tool 4.1 and building the custom firmware. Just need a little help with the 3.1.3 jailbreak.....

also i believe my phones have the old bootrom models MB.
    Last edited by lipsterc8; 2010-06-28 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lipsterc8 View Post
    Guys-

What do i need to do to get these phones jailbroken? I dont think the shsh fix will help me becuase the phones were never jailbroken before.

i
    As I understand it, this is your problem (same as mine...). They have to have been previously jailbroken with the SHSHs stored. A jailbreak for 4.0 will come out one of these days. Pwn 4.01 puts a custom 4.0 ipsw on your iPhone. It can't do it unless your earlier SHSH blobs have been stored. End of story. No way around it. Stop fretting. I know its hard, but keep checking for "Pwn 4.1 or something like it. Then you, me and about 1000 other guys will be able to jailbreak 4.0 and then do an unlock.

In the meantime, enjoy your fancy iPod Touch. Mine is a spiffy white 32GB 3GS.

Thanks for the reply....

I think we can use spirit to jailbreak our phones. I have done a lot of research and believe this to be the case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipsterc8 View Post
    Guys-

I have purchased two iphone 32 3gs phones. I have used pwange before but have had problems jailbreaking these guys.

I am currently running 3.1.3 and the phones have never been jailbroken before. While making my custom firmware the phone never gets recognized with pwnage. So i put my phone in dfu mode and tried installing custom firmware with itunes but it never worked. I also put the phone in recovery mode and tried that as well. I get the 1600 error and the 1604 error.

i am using pwnage 3.1.5... I believe after i do this upgarding to 4.0 will be very simple using the pwange tool 4.1 and building the custom firmware. Just need a little help with the 3.1.3 jailbreak.....

also i believe my phones have the old bootrom models MB.

Since your 3GS is on 3.1.3 your only option is to use Spirit right now..

Open cydia and see on the main if you have your shsh on file and that will tell you more what shsh you have, but if you wanna use it on t-mobile go ahead and install ultrasn0w 0.93 and use it for now till the 4.0 jailbreak comes out..

And make sure you really know what bootrom you have,