Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage tool help please!

Default pwnage tool help please!
    Hey, I had a couple of questions about the new pwnage tool in regards to the 3GS and Iphone 4. I have a 3GS running 3.1.3 and wanted to know if I could jailbreak/unlock the phone using the newly released Pwnage Tool. It is basically out of the box, I haven't modified the software in anyway. Also I have an Iphone 4 (Just got it today) that I wanted to unlock so is it possible for me to jailbreak/unlock the phone using pwnage tool? Please let me know what I can do. Thanks in advanced!
    two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the the universe.

bump
    two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the the universe.

I am certainly no expert in this, but all my frustrations and research with my 3GS have led to this conclusion.

You need a previously jail broken iPhone in order for the currently available pwnage 4.01 to work. You, like me, need to wait until they release a jailbreak that does not rely on having your earlier shsh blobs on file. Shsh blobs are the esn and other data that identify your particular iPhone.