Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage tool 4.01 confusion?

Default Pwnage tool 4.01 confusion?
    I know my device has the old bootrom in it however I am confused by this statement:

If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.

I DID use Spirit to JB my 3GS that was upgraded to 3.13 so does this mean I cannot us Pwnage to JB IOS4?

Just seems unclear to me

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
    I know my device has the old bootrom in it however I am confused by this statement:

If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.

I DID use Spirit to JB my 3GS that was upgraded to 3.13 so does this mean I cannot us Pwnage to JB IOS4?

Just seems unclear to me
    I do not understand this also! Its something about the way Spirit jailbreaks the iphone!

Since you have a 3gs I would restore to say 3.1.2 and use PWNAGE 3.1.5 and take the iphone to 3.1.3 and then use PWNAGE Tool 4

This is similuar to when 3.1.3 first came out, in that the Dev_Team release PWNAGE Tool 3.1.5 but for this to work you had to be already jailbroken with PWNAGE Tool!

Just my opinion!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

dash7869 (2010-06-26)

How would I downgrade to 3.12 then use Pwnage to go to 3.13?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
    How would I downgrade to 3.12 then use Pwnage to go to 3.13?
    Just did this yesterday. Restore to a stock 3.1.2 firmware in itunes. You may need to do this twice youll get a 1015 error. Use iRecovery to boot out of recovery mode. Then use Pwnage to jailbreak on 3.1.2. you will have a fully functional 3.1.2 jailbroken phone. Then you can use pwnage to create a custom 3.1.3 firmware and restore with that in itunes. You may need to do this restore twice as well. You will then have a pwned 3.1.3.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

dash7869 (2010-06-26)

I have 359.3 bootrom, 3.1.3, JB with Spirit.
    No 3.1.2 SHSH. Do have 3.1.3 SHSH's backed up.

does restoring back to 3.1.2 assume that you have SHSH's stored for 3.1.2??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Just did this yesterday. Restore to a stock 3.1.2 firmware in itunes. You may need to do this twice youll get a 1015 error. Use iRecovery to boot out of recovery mode. Then use Pwnage to jailbreak on 3.1.2. you will have a fully functional 3.1.2 jailbroken phone. Then you can use pwnage to create a custom 3.1.3 firmware and restore with that in itunes. You may need to do this restore twice as well. You will then have a pwned 3.1.3.
    Hi did you manage to use this method to jb os4 for iphone 3gs then?

i m using iphone 3gs with bootrom iBoot-359.3 but jailbroken with Spirit
    that is the older bootrom right?

Thanks

Yes that is what I did on my old bootrom 3GS. That had been on 3.1.3 jb with spirit. That is why i downgrsded to 3.1.2 to use pwnage and work back up.
    I believe that is the old bootrom

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

dash7869 (2010-06-26)

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Yes that is what I did on my old bootrom 3GS. That had been on 3.1.3 jb with spirit. That is why i downgrsded to 3.1.2 to use pwnage and work back up.
    I believe that is the old bootrom
    many thanks! you guys are great!
    i m downloading the firmwares now
    hope everything goes well, since i dont have a back up phone

how is your OS4 running so far? all is good?