Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading iPhone 2g

Default Upgrading iPhone 2g
    Uhh i saw this recently Tutorial: Upgrade Your Jailbroken iPhone OS to 3.1.2 Using PwnageTool 3.1.4

and i wanted to upgrade my iphone 2g which is jailbroken. its currently os 3.0
    and i wanna upgrade it to 3.1.2 and i was thinking can i do it directly from 3.0 to 3.1.2 or must i upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1 then 3.1 and so on?

Also im downloading the firmwares from iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

And also i use windows 7

Please help. Thanks
    Last edited by Scotttsh; 2010-06-23 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

No you don't have to upgrade in steps like that, you "could" just jump from 3.0 to 3.1.2.... However I don't believe apple is still signing firmware 3.1.2 so I don't think you will be able to upgrade to that, but you should be able to upgrade to 3.1.3 so you may want to look into upgrading and jailbreaking that firmware, hope that helps...

Can i download 3.1.2 from here?? Is it usable?

Thanks

It will not be usable unless your using redsnow to jailbreak. Like I said apple has stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware, your only choice is to upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak from there. So mostly you'll want to find a new article about how to jailbreak your phone on 3.1.3 lol. Yes you can download whatever firmware you need from here.

Here's a link, this will get you updated and jailbroken again.

How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X
    Last edited by tjfitz7; 2010-06-23 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost