Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confused on bootrom?

Default Confused on bootrom?
    I checked my 3GS before I update to IOS4 and try to jailbreak my bootrom is:

iBoot 359.3

How do I now if that is the old or new bootrom?

If you pass both checks, you have old bootrom, if you fail one of the two checks then you have new bootrom.

Check 1. Start with your model number, If it starts with "MC" then you have new bootrom. If it DOES NOT start with "MC" then you pass check 1.
    Check 2. Look at your serial number. if the 4th and 5th number are above "40" then you have new Bootrom. If they are under 40 then you have confirmed you have old bootrom.

So here is what I have on the back of my phone....

model number A1303

serial number is -> 869301xxxxxxx

Looks like I am good right?
    Last edited by reno55; 2010-06-23 at 01:47 AM.

correct, however i would edit your post and take out your sn for your safety.

Just to be sure, I have MC138LL and 879521XXXXX Version 3.1.2 (7D11) jailbroken with blackra1n tethered.

So I'm out of luck with Pwnage 4.0 right and iOS 4.0, right?

Thanks!

Just to be sure, I have MC138LL and 879521XXXXX Version 3.1.2 (7D11) jailbroken with blackra1n tethered.

So I'm out of luck with Pwnage 4.0 right and iOS 4.0, right?

Thanks!
    Assuming you have a 3GS, Yes, Your out of luck with getting ios4 and JB'ing it.

Thanks! I think I'll wait for something from Geohot.

Quote Originally Posted by 51N7 View Post
    Check 1. Start with your model number, If it starts with "MC" then you have new bootrom. If it DOES NOT start with "MC" then you pass check 1.
    This only works for iPod Touches. It is not accurate for iPhone 3G[S]s. There are many MC model iPhone 3G[S]s with the old bootrom.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BumbleBeez For This Useful Post:

padgzilla (2011-01-02)