Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with 1600 1604 preparing for iphone 3gs 4.0 HELP

Default Need help with 1600 1604 preparing for iphone 3gs 4.0 HELP
    ive been at this for hours guys please help me out

phone was blakrained at 3.1.2 then updated with itunes to 3.1.3 and now trying to use new pwnage tool to upgrade to 4.0 unlocked and jailbroken

im using a mac, old 3gs new itunes new pwnage tool

if i try to restore to custom firmware in dfu it errors with 1600

if i restore in restore mode i get stuck at preparing iphone 1604

please help me out someone, my eyes hurt from staring at this computer screen

oh and if i try to get into dfu mode through pwnage it wont recognize my iphone unjailbroken at 3.1.3

Exactly the same issue here. I am on 3.1.3 jailbroken/unlocked. SHSH on file. No problem downgrading to 3.1.2. But whenever I try to install cooked firmware (via PwnageTool 4.0) I get a 1604 error.

I've been trying everything under the sun... Installed the stock iOS 4.0 firmware - no problem. But still unable to install the Pwnage Tool version. Pwnage Tool won't even recognize my iPhone when I get to the DFU screen. So, I downgraded to 3.1.3 again. Crazy thing now is that I cannot even get iTunes to take me back to iOS 4 again. So now I am stuck back at 3.1.3 and Spirit won't even work to JB it again.

I tried multiple times on two different computers (both MacBook Air with OS X 10.6) with different versions of iTunes (9.1.1 and 9.2). Same problem on both computers.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by dpr873; 2010-06-23 at 01:12 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Possible Solution
    *EDIT This guide is only intended for those of you who have upgraded to factory iOS4, not for those already pwned at 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 aready. I would think that most of these steps would be unnecessary in that case. EDIT* - edited for clarity 6/30/10

I was also having the same problem with my 3Gs iphone. I had upgraded to factory ios4. I have shsh on file with cydia for 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 I couldn't restore to any pwned firmware without getting 1604 or 1601 errors.

I was finally able to get on pwned ios4 with my 3Gs iphone (iBoot-359.3) (5.13.04 firmware). This is what I did:

*EDIT This will not work with bootrom - 359.3.2. I have 3.59.3 bootrom I do not believe there is a way to jailbreak a 3Gs with 359.3.2 bootrom ...yet
    Also you must have shsh blobs for 3.1.2 on file with saurik's server already.
    EDIT*

1) changed to sauriks serrvers Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    2) put it in recovery mode and option restored to factory 3.1.2
    3) it gave me a 1015 error and I was stuck in recovery
    4) I used RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode RecBoot -> Final Release (I don't vouch for this progrram, I have no idea if its safe I just crossed my fingers and it worked.) (as posted below RecBoot is safe. I just hadn't heard of it before)
    5) I used Blackra1n to pwn 3.1.2 blackweather
    6) I took sauriks servers out of the hosts file.
    7) I put it back into recovery mode
    8) I option restored to the Pwnage 4.0 custom firmware.
    (All done with itunes 9.2)
    Last edited by gotwavs; 2010-06-30 at 07:05 PM. Reason: corrections

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotwavs For This Useful Post:

danimsta (2010-06-24), elguapo1401 (2010-06-25), Geekmommy4 (2010-07-19), skottles (2010-06-27), StarrWulfe (2010-06-23)

Quote Originally Posted by gotwavs View Post
    I was also having the same problem with my 3Gs iphone. I had upgraded to factory ios4. I have shsh on file with cydia for 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 I couldn't restore to any pwned firmware without getting 1604 or 1601 errors.

I was finally able to get on pwned ios4 with my 3Gs iphone (iBoot-359.3) (5.13.04 firmware). This is what I did:

1) changed to sauriks serrvers Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    4) I used RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode RecBoot -> Final Release (I don't vouch for this progrram, I have no idea if its safe I just crossed my fingers and it worked.)

Awesome, it worked for me.
    Thank you, for sharing you knowledge.

Default no luck
    I changed the hosts file to sauriks, put it in both recovery and DFU modes, and it still says that this iOS version version isnt eligible for restore when I try to use the apple unmodified 3.1.2. I thought I didnt have to have SHSHs on file for those versions. I am trying to downgrade so that I can jailbreak and then install jailbroken iOS 4. I have a 3GS model btw.

I didn't put my phone in DFU or Recovery mode and just clicked on the RESTORE button in iTunes and chose the Custom Firmware and it worked just fine.

Unhappy STILL nothing

4) I used RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode RecBoot -> Final Release (I don't vouch for this progrram, I have no idea if its safe I just crossed my fingers and it worked.)

First off, THANKS for posting your solution. So often people only post when they have problems and not when they find a solution...

However, for me this solution hasn't worked (yet). I ran through everything twice and still keep getting the 1604 error when I try to install the cooked 4.0 firmware. After the first 1604 fail I repeated the restore using custom firmware again with no success. Then I repeated the entire process a second time from scratch with same 1604 error.

Next I tried deleting my original iOS4 firmware, re-downloading from Apple and installing back to stock 4.0 fimware again --> no problems. I then repeated everything (downgrade to 3.1.2, blackra1n, saurik server removed, etc.) only this time I used the PwnageTool 4.01 to create the custom firmware --> same 1604 error.

Here is a description of my iPhone to help with troubleshooting:

iPhone 3GS - 32GB (AT&T)
    version - 3.1.2 (7D11)
    serial - 86942FK****
    model - MC137LL
    modem firmware - 05.13.04 (updated while going to stock 4.0)
    bootrom - 359.3.2 *EDIT* (new bootrom - this is my problem) *EDIT*

I appreciate any advice on where to go from here in order to get to 4.0 with JB/unlock.

Thanks!

*note* I was originally 3.1.2 - blackra1n tethered JB (with SHSH stored), but used spirit to re-jailbreak so that I could be untethered. I don't think this is an issue though, because I have no problems downgrading to stock 3.1.2 firmware and re-jailbreaking with blackra1n.

*edit* I am a dumbass. I have the new bootrom (359.3.2). Guess I'm out of luck for now.
    Last edited by dpr873; 2010-06-23 at 03:40 PM. Reason: figured out my problem... i think

I was also having the same problem with my 3Gs iphone....This is what I did:
    Thank you SOOOO much gotwavs, you saved my @$$! I was in such a hurry to try the gold beta release of 4.0, I forgot that it would kill my jailbreak on 3.1.3. I kept running into the same problems you did.
    Thanks for posting a SOLUTION when you found it, and not just a PROBLEM.
    Each one, teach one!!

BTW, I posted your solution on my blog-- I helped several others using your technique-- check it out here -->Jailbreaking iOS4, 3Gs and get 1600 1604? Here's some HELP! - ...all about starrwulfe...

I had the same problem. BUt after I followed the steps, downgraded and I got 1601 error instead....any idea?
    Thanks

Tried again and got 1611 error this time....
    Last edited by DaveCopper; 2010-06-23 at 06:36 PM.

RecBoot is a safe program. Doesn't do anything other than kick the device out of recovery mode.
    I should know, I programmed it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the0rkus For This Useful Post:

gotwavs (2010-06-24)

It worked for me two Tnx bro its good to have ppl like you in here

Man, that worked great, thanks for sharing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm glad my post helped some people. Every time i searched for the error I found solutions to old problems relating to older jailbreaks.

I am in no way an expert on these things. I've just been a casual user of jailbreaking solutions since the early years of the first iphone. I used to jailbreak that one constantly. When I screw something up I generally find a solution somewhere on the net. I benefit greatly from the work of others.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCopper View Post
    I had the same problem. BUt after I followed the steps, downgraded and I got 1601 error instead....any idea?
    Thanks

Tried again and got 1611 error this time....
    I'm not sure this will help but try using RecBoot to get you out of recovery mode and back in again. I seem to remember having the 1601 or 1611 errors when I tried to restore to multiple firmwares without going in and out of recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rkus View Post
    RecBoot is a safe program. Doesn't do anything other than kick the device out of recovery mode.
    I should know, I programmed it.
    Thanks for the great program, man. I amended my post above. I just hadn't heard of it before and since then I have seen many posts singing it's praises. It's now in my toolbox. It's a lot easier than having to restore and start over.
    Last edited by gotwavs; 2010-06-24 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

*EDIT This will not work with bootrom - 359.3.2. I have 3.59.3 bootrom I do not believe there is a way to jailbreak a 3Gs with 359.3.2 bootrom ...yet
    Also you must have shsh blobs for 3.1.2 on file with saurik's server already.
    EDIT*

4) I used RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode RecBoot -> Final Release (I don't vouch for this progrram, I have no idea if its safe I just crossed my fingers and it worked.) (as posted below RecBoot is safe. I just hadn't heard of it before)
    thanks buddy u saved my life was getting the same issue and this was the only solution that worked for me.

Thanks

Anil

Guys! i'm on 3GS 4.0 [loaded via itunes],my phone has old bootrom, its on emergency calls screen, when i try to restore through custom firmware itunes gives error 1600, i have tried for like 100s of times, but no way out... please help :-(

Heres my little story about my iphone and the 1600 1604 problem

I had an blackrained unlocked Iphone 3GS 16GB running 3.1.2 until the day my sister decided to play some music on my macbook and accidentely updatet my phone to 3.1.3 via itunes.

8 weeks later i was happy about iOS 4.0 and the bunch a new unlock pogramms for my new baseband 05.12.01 hell yeah!

now heres my current Setup

Iphone 3GS 16GB
    Modell : MC131
    Basenband: 05.12.01
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Bootrom: [iBoot-359.3.2]

I used pwnagetool 3.1.5 because i just wanted to jailbreak on 3.1.3 and unlock it, i had read enough threads about people having problems with iOS4 by now so i decided to go safe with 3.1.3 because in the end i wanted my phone back.

in recovery mode itunes gives me back error 1604
    In dfu mode itunes gives me back error 1600

i havant tried gotwavs idea yet because at the moment i got no idea how to downgrade on original 3.1.2 because itunes wont do it with holdin alt and selectin the 3.1.2 Firmware it say smthin like Firmware incompatible. dunno yet but spotted alot of threads about it

So heres my question what do you think am i ****** or not ?

EDIT:

tried on multiple plattforms and itunes versions always the same, i also tried a custom ipsw from pwnagetool 4.1 also same error.
    tried iREB from ih8sn0w.com to fix the error - iREB doesnt work switched phone to dfu and nothin happens ( should be white screen and programm crash )
    Last edited by dukzen; 2010-06-24 at 09:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dukzen View Post
    Heres my little story about my iphone and the 1600 1604 problem

I had an blackrained unlocked Iphone 3GS 16GB running 3.1.2 until the day my sister decided to play some music on my macbook and accidentely updatet my phone to 3.1.3 via itunes.

8 weeks later i was happy about iOS 4.0 and the bunch a new unlock pogramms for my new baseband 05.12.01 hell yeah!

now heres my current Setup

Iphone 3GS 16GB
    Modell : MC131
    Basenband: 05.12.01
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Bootrom: [iBoot-359.3.2]

I used pwnagetool 3.1.5 because i just wanted to jailbreak on 3.1.3 and unlock it, i had read enough threads about people having problems with iOS4 by now so i decided to go safe with 3.1.3 because in the end i wanted my phone back.

in recovery mode itunes gives me back error 1604
    In dfu mode itunes gives me back error 1600

i havant tried gotwavs idea yet because at the moment i got no idea how to downgrade on original 3.1.2 because itunes wont do it with holdin alt and selectin the 3.1.2 Firmware it say smthin like Firmware incompatible. dunno yet but spotted alot of threads about it

So heres my question what do you think am i ****** or not ?

EDIT:

tried on multiple plattforms and itunes versions always the same, i also tried a custom ipsw from pwnagetool 4.1 also same error.
    tried iREB from ih8sn0w.com to fix the error - iREB doesnt work switched phone to dfu and nothin happens ( should be white screen and programm crash )
    I noticed in your post you stated you're bootrom is 359.3.2 This is the new bootrom. As far as I know there is no way to update to custom 4.0 yet on the new bootrom. I am guessing when the dev-teams release a jailbreak for the new iphone it will also work on the 3gs with new bootrom.

If I were you, I would sit tight on 3.1.3 for now until they release new tools for your phone.

Here's my story for my IOS 4 upgrade including these steps in hopes that it might help someone out there...

I got the old 1600 error upgrading my 3gs (3.1.2 jailbroken, with older bootrom) and a custom Sn0wbreeze IPSW (just custom boot images and a couple Cydia packages added). Anyways I followed the steps above and when I got to step 8, I again got the same 1600 error from iTunes.

So, i figured I'd try things simple - I created a new Sn0wbreeze ipsw using 'easy' mode, and then did a shift-restore using that while my iPhone (blackra1n-jailbroken 3.1.2 after the above steps 1-7) was hooked up to iTunes in 'normal' mode - i.e. no recovery or DFU mode.

Lo and behold, it worked perfectly! I even saw it flash by real quick that it was 'validating' the 4.0 upgrade with their servers (and i had Saurik's server removed from my hosts file at this point).

So tl;dr version: if you are having problems, keep it simple! It might just work without any recovery mode needed.

-Zippy66-

Cant say thank you enough Gotwavs! I was up for hours working on this and your post was a godsend

GRACIASSSSS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok similar problem to everyone else. Getting itunes error 1600 when i am in DFU mode trying to upgrade from 3.1.2 to iOS4 so i read somewhere not to put it in DFU mode. This actually got me a little further into the iOS4 upgrade by just holding OPTION + Clicking restore i was able to see the custom pineapple boot logo this time but then just showed me itunes logo and itunes gave me an error of 1611.

I have a 16 gb 3gs jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n.

I have the old bootrom and baseband 05.11.07

I am on a mac so i used Pwnagetool and not sno0wbreeze cuz my desktop paralles is acting up and sno0wbreeze gives me an error everytime i open it. But these 2 programs do the same thing so i dont think it should matter. Anybody else on a mac getting these same errors?

Oh and just so everybody knows to kick your iphone out of recovery mode (itunes logo screen) i have used blackra1n everytime. Works flawlessly! Just open blackra1in click make it rain just like re-jailbreaking it.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2010-06-25 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast