Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with 1600 1604 preparing for iphone 3gs 4.0 HELP

I followed the directions, Didnt have any issues going down to 3.1.2 or blackra1n.

I was previously at 3.1.2 blackra1n'd. old bootrom etc. 3GS of course.

While trying to upgrade to sn0breeze'd or PwnageTool'd 4.0 ipsw:

When I dont try to put it into any mode and restore to one of the two ipsws above the phone does some restarts, ends up in recovery mode and I end up with an error (1).

When I start it off in recovery mode I also get an error (1).

When I try DFU mode I get a 1600 error, or it goes into some mode where the USB drives freak out, tell me is unrecognized and stop working.
    Occasionally itll instead just tell me the device could be operating faster.

Ive gone back to 3.1.2 serveral times and blackra1n'd myself jailbroken. Gone into DFU mode to check my bootrom and confirm I'm on the old one and still nothing. Tried 9.2 and 8.2.x iTunes on two seperate computers with seperate cables, same problems.

****EDIT*****
    Turns out I was at iTunes 9.1
    Updating to 9.2 allowed me to just do a standard shift+restore to my pwnagetool 4.0 without an issue -from a blackra1n'd 3.1.2
    Last edited by Clues; 2010-06-26 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotwavs View Post
    1) changed to sauriks serrvers Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    2) put it in recovery mode and option restored to factory 3.1.2
    3) it gave me a 1015 error and I was stuck in recovery
    4) I used RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode RecBoot -> Final Release (I don't vouch for this progrram, I have no idea if its safe I just crossed my fingers and it worked.) (as posted below RecBoot is safe. I just hadn't heard of it before)
    5) I used Blackra1n to pwn 3.1.2 blackweather
    6) I took sauriks servers out of the hosts file.
    7) I put it back into recovery mode
    8) I option restored to the Pwnage 4.0 custom firmware.
    (All done with itunes 9.2)
    This worked for me. Thanks!

I am actually trying to downgrade back to 3.1.3 or even 3.1.2, and after downgrading, when I go to restore from backup in itunes, it says software is too old to restore, must upgrade to 4.0. Is there any way around this?? Because, 4.0 does not impress me, and the jb version of it is sloooow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman80 View Post
    I am actually trying to downgrade back to 3.1.3 or even 3.1.2, and after downgrading, when I go to restore from backup in itunes, it says software is too old to restore, must upgrade to 4.0. Is there any way around this?? Because, 4.0 does not impress me, and the jb version of it is sloooow
    As long as you have your shsh blobs on file with cydia you should be able to downgrade. If you've never jailbroken or don't have your shsh backed up I'm pretty sure you're stuck at 4.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was stuck at the same place too. I didn't have SHSH blob with Saurik. I have tried this and it actually put me back to 3.1.3:
    Use blackrain while it's in restore mode (not DFU). When the phone restarts and it's no longer in restore mode, unplug the data cable.

This is how to get unstuck when trying to go from 3.1.3 to iOS4 custom firmware.
    HOWTO: Unstuck between 3.1.3 and iOS4 | Life in 0 and 1

This is howto get to iOS 4 from Spirit.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/7167...n0wbreeze.html
    Last edited by Contivity; 2010-06-29 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not sure if this was mentioned but I was tripping 16xx error restoring and I remembered I had sim lock turned on. Turned it off and did not put in recovery mode just option-click restore in iTunes = success. Hope that helps anyone who met criteria but was still triggering 16xx errors.

i'm in the same 1600 error boat.

i'm still at 3.1.2 after using PwnageTool with a 359.3 bootrom on my 3Gs using a Mac OS

i've tried a couple of times and keep getting the same error.

do you guys think i need to go thru all of those steps or what would be the best route to go?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCopper View Post
    I had the same problem. BUt after I followed the steps, downgraded and I got 1601 error instead....any idea?
    Thanks

Tried again and got 1611 error this time....
    Try again. I kept getting the 16xx errors till I followed the above instructions. Then I got the 1611 error. I tried again and it went perfectly.

Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by errant View Post
    i'm in the same 1600 error boat.

i'm still at 3.1.2 after using PwnageTool with a 359.3 bootrom on my 3Gs using a Mac OS

i've tried a couple of times and keep getting the same error.

do you guys think i need to go thru all of those steps or what would be the best route to go?
    If you haven't accidentally updated to factory iOS 4 you don't need to follow these steps. If you're currently at any pwned 3.1.2 you should just be able to recovery mode restore to pwnage custom 4.0 firmware.

This guide was just based on my own experience having jumped the gun on iOS4 factory firmware update.

I bought a 32gb iphone 3gs with Ios4 that is activated but i'm trying to jailbreak and unlock. I'm not sure if he used Spirit in the past. I keep getting 1600 and 1604 errors.

Firmware 05.13.04
    Serial XX923XXXX
    Model MBXXX
    bootloader 6.4
    Untethered YES

Iboot 359.3 (old bootrom)
    I have used the pwnage tool and when i restore i keep getting the 1604 error.
    Is there anyway for me to jailbreak and unlock with any guide?

Thanks
    Four_Ari
    Last edited by Four_ari; 2010-06-30 at 10:04 PM.

Default Error 16xx fix
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylr77 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but I was tripping 16xx error restoring and I remembered I had sim lock turned on. Turned it off and did not put in recovery mode just option-click restore in iTunes = success. Hope that helps anyone who met criteria but was still triggering 16xx errors.
    Thanks! Worked perfectly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12