Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Help/Problem

Question Jailbreak Help/Problem
    Hi there everybody.

I apologize for having to ask for help, but I am having a problem and would love some input.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS which I upgraded to ios 4. I did not realize until it was too late that redsnow only works for the 3G. I then tried to use pwnage to make a custom firmware following the instructions to inject the new cydia. I followed all the steps word for word, but when I am in pwnage and it says "cydia bundles", there is nothing listed. No cydia.

My question is, why won't pwnage generate a proper firmware, and even so can I install it on my phone now that it is running ios 4? I do NOT need an unlock.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theatredudeZ93 View Post
    Hi there everybody.

I apologize for having to ask for help, but I am having a problem and would love some input.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS which I upgraded to ios 4. I did not realize until it was too late that redsnow only works for the 3G. I then tried to use pwnage to make a custom firmware following the instructions to inject the new cydia. I followed all the steps word for word, but when I am in pwnage and it says "cydia bundles", there is nothing listed. No cydia.

My question is, why won't pwnage generate a proper firmware, and even so can I install it on my phone now that it is running ios 4? I do NOT need an unlock.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.
    The Dev Team has not released a Pwnage Tool to jailbreak iOS4 for 3GS yet, you are one step ahead of them ( slow down , you are going too fast )