Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.0 on windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 4.0 on windows
    Is there any way of doing this?

I accidentally upgraded my iphone 3g to 3.1.3 so i already lost my unlock.

I might as well upgrade to 4.0 to mess around with it.

Once I upgrade,
    Im going to be stuck on activation til i jailbreak.

But as i know,
    There is no way of doing this on windows.

Any ideas?

I also need to jailbreak so i can SSH and bypass the DEV check
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

You can't even upgrade to 4.0 on Windows...

There is no Pwnagetool for Windows...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to son geta1 For This Useful Post:

johnnylovescookies (2010-05-31)

Wait in a couple of weeks unlock will be available for 3.1.3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

johnnylovescookies (2010-05-31)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's not just pwnagetool (I'm assuming you could normally just use a custom IPSW created by someone with a Mac)... there is no iTunes 9.2 for Windows which is required for the upgrade.

Yea currently without a Mac you cannot get to 4.0gm

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    It's not just pwnagetool (I'm assuming you could normally just use a custom IPSW created by someone with a Mac)... there is no iTunes 9.2 for Windows which is required for the upgrade.
    you can upgrade to 4.0b4 w/out itunes 9.2
    just not GM which isn't much different (to me at least)
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Yes you can I did it with windows 7 you have to download VMWare Workstation and Mac OS X from the pirate bay and use UTorrent Once you have installed VMWare Workstation and Mac OS X then download the itunes 9.2 beta and the 4.0 firmware for your device but you need firefox to make ipsw safari wont work then download redsn0w 0.9.5 thats it it works 100% keep in mind it will update baseband but if u have no unlock on 3.1.3 like I did then it doesnt matter I may make a video on youtube tonight or tommorrow so check me out under Robzbos I promise this works!!!

theres video on youtube how to install VMWare Workstation 6.5 and Mac OS X so you can updrade firmware its the only way to get the new 4.0 without a Mac!!
    Last edited by Robzbos; 2010-06-13 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you search there is a tutorial at ensynced.com. Using that and the post above you can simply use itunes 9.2 to restore the custom firmware which will preserve baseband and also install cydia. You will need to use 9.2 itunes to sync for now though but it's much easier and simpler than using pwnage and you don't even need DFU mode.

NOTE: I was already jailbroken and unlocked prior to doing my phone this way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robzbos View Post
    Yes you can I did it with windows 7 you have to download VMWare Workstation and Mac OS X from the pirate bay and use UTorrent Once you have installed VMWare Workstation and Mac OS X then download the itunes 9.2 beta and the 4.0 firmware for your device but you need firefox to make ipsw safari wont work then download redsn0w 0.9.5 thats it it works 100% keep in mind it will update baseband but if u have no unlock on 3.1.3 like I did then it doesnt matter I may make a video on youtube tonight or tommorrow so check me out under Robzbos I promise this works!!!

theres video on youtube how to install VMWare Workstation 6.5 and Mac OS X so you can updrade firmware its the only way to get the new 4.0 without a Mac!!

This is what I did
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

Can anyone jailbreak 3GS 32gb OS 4.0/baseband 5.13.04 with Window XP ? I know that we can unlocked but just cant find any method to jailbreak the 3GS with 4.0 firmware. Any help will be appreciated. Again, I dont have MAC so yea thats why lol.

Andy

Thanks

I think u have to downgrade 3GS then jailbreak then after that upgrade using custom firmware floating about

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I think u have to downgrade 3GS then jailbreak then after that upgrade using custom firmware floating about
    like how ? I tried to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 but it wont let me...Unless u have a better way ? Mind to share ?

Thanks,

Andy
    Last edited by M-bENZ; 2010-06-22 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same problem as Andy

if u wanna unlock 3.1.3 05.12.01 and ios 4.0 05.13.04 go on cydia
    1. install source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    2. install ultrasn0w
    3. done. 3.1.3 or 4.0 unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unlocking for Dummies!!......errr.....me!!
    I recently bought a sealed 32gb 3GS iphone, Model no.A1303part no.MC133X/A. When connected to itunes it had the "connect to itunes" emergency screen & "incorrect SIM" installed.
    Therefore I know it's locked, but what version??, what base band?? & what exact procedure for unlocking, if upgraded to iOS 4?
    Please reply & thanks in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You definitely have 3.1.3 firmware idk about baseband since they can all be unlocked right now, just get yourself an ATT sim card, activate ur phone, jailbreak with spirit (Spirit) open cydia and install ultrasn0w