Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iTunes does not recognize my jailbroken iPhone

  1. #1
    Default iTunes does not recognize my jailbroken iPhone
    I have a 3GS, jailbroken 3.1.2.

    I just bought snow leopard and now my iTunes 9.1.1 (12) does not recognize my iPhone.
    (Not showing up under devices)

    What are my options to have iTunes recognize it again?

    (I have purchased some jailbroken apps, and don't want to lose them)
    Thanks!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to nailsinch9 For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  3. #2
    I doubt that jailbreak made it so itunes can not see it. Try another usb port, or another cable. Maybe reboot.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to lefti For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  5. #3
    Keep iTunes open, disconnect your phone from the computer, wait 10 seconds, then plug in again.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaBaby For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  7. #4
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    If you bought your apps then you won't lose them even if you have to restore. Cydia Store apps you can reinstall just by logging in... other 3rd party apps usually recognize your serial number when you re-install them.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  9. #5
    This was a complete mess... I tried everything and nothing would work.
    Eventually, I did a restore on my sister's PC and that got it back to factory.
    I had to reinstall a iphone backup, then reinstall all my lost apps...

    Then I rejailbroke the device with spirit, but now it's not recognized in itunes again!

    So frustrating.

    This all started happening after I upgraded to Snow Lep.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to nailsinch9 For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  11. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nailsinch9 View Post
    This was a complete mess... I tried everything and nothing would work.
    Eventually, I did a restore on my sister's PC and that got it back to factory.
    I had to reinstall a iphone backup, then reinstall all my lost apps...

    Then I rejailbroke the device with spirit, but now it's not recognized in itunes again!

    So frustrating.

    This all started happening after I upgraded to Snow Lep.
    It is possible the new Snow Leopard or the New Mac Pro has a security to stop jailbreakers or unlockers since they are Apple Products.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  13. #7
    Did you upgrade to the dev version on the new snow lep? I have a brand new Mbp13 and I'm using 4.0 and iTunes 9.2 no issues with sync or recognition . Maybe your issue lies with the dev version of osx ... Try jailbreaking on a pc since you've done the restore there and after see I'd iTunes on the pc recognizes your iPhone if it does then it has to do with your latest upgrade .

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to brians14 For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  15. #8
    i had it happen to me no need to restore iphone all i did was reinstall itunes. reinstall itunes on your pc . recognized iphone right away. only problem if you use spirit jailbreak i don't know if u should use itunes 9.2

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to smiles114 For This Useful Post:

    Rafal_S (2010-06-19)

  17. #9
    Help I have just jailbroke my iPhone 3GS and when I tried to connect to iTunes for the first time and now my iPhone is showing a USB cable and the iTunes icon and it won't finish restoring and says error code 1015, no matter what I've tried nothing has worked please Help

  18. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie34 View Post
    Help I have just jailbroke my iPhone 3GS and when I tried to connect to iTunes for the first time and now my iPhone is showing a USB cable and the iTunes icon and it won't finish restoring and says error code 1015, no matter what I've tried nothing has worked please Help
    @ Vonnie and OP, you need either TinyUmbrella or RecBoot to kick ur phone out of Recovery Mode. That's a must have for jailbreakers!

    Second, the OPs problem could've been solved by connecting to itunes, Powering off the phone and then holding down the Home button for 5+ seconds. It's like putting your phone in Recovery Mode and then iTunes will see it again. After that, use one of the programs I listed above to get out of Recovery. No need to Restore...

  19. #11
    I tried powering off the iPhone as you've said above a few times and still no joy it's still stuck on the USB cable and iTunes icon

    How do I get TinyUmbrella or RecBoot to kick my phone out of recovery mode I've tried everything all day since 10am this morning,

  20. #12
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie34 View Post
    I tried powering off the iPhone as you've said above a few times and still no joy it's still stuck on the USB cable and iTunes icon

    How do I get TinyUmbrella or RecBoot to kick my phone out of recovery mode I've tried everything all day since 10am this morning,
    First off, have or were you jailbroken with Greenpois0n prior to this happening? If so, connect ur phone and rerun GP again. It might kick you out of this and bring u back to normal.

    With TU or RB, just google either one. Recboot is straightforward whereas TU has more usefulness besides getting u out of recovery. Anyways, download either of these to your computer and have your phone connected too. Hit the Exit Recovery option and it 'might' get you out.

    Lemme know

  21. #13
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    BTW, it sounds a lot like what happened to me and my friend recently. Greenpois0n causes this and it's the only thing that can get you out of it!

  22. #14
    Default iPhone 4 not recognized by MacBook
    My iPhone 4 (4.2.1 custom ipsw) works perfectly except that it now suddenly is not recognized by my MacBook, which it has always worked with. It doesn't even charge. I think the problem is with the computer because the iPhone is recognized by my PC and I have tried multiple different cables etc. I also tested the USB ports with other devices and they work fine.

    I read that you can force reinstallation of the device drivers in windows, which seems to work. Is there an option to do this in OSX?

    I have un-backed-up data on the phone, so I don't want to restore yet, if I can avoid it and in any case, I think the issue is not with the phone.

    Thanks

  23. #15
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ro-76 View Post
    My iPhone 4 (4.2.1 custom ipsw) works perfectly except that it now suddenly is not recognized by my MacBook, which it has always worked with. It doesn't even charge. I think the problem is with the computer because the iPhone is recognized by my PC and I have tried multiple different cables etc. I also tested the USB ports with other devices and they work fine.

    I read that you can force reinstallation of the device drivers in windows, which seems to work. Is there an option to do this in OSX?

    I have un-backed-up data on the phone, so I don't want to restore yet, if I can avoid it and in any case, I think the issue is not with the phone.

    Thanks
    Have u tried the above step where you:
    Plug in ur phone - open iTunes - Power off ur phone - hold the Home button till iTunes recognizes it - then use RecBoot or TinyUmbrella to kick it out of Recovery Mode?

  24. #16
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,693
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

    BTW, u can Backup your data WITHOUT Syncing your phone on the PC.

    When the name of ur phone shows up in iTunes, right click your name and select Backup

  25. #17
    I tried the aforementioned recovery option to no avail thanks for the suggestion though had to restore anyway such a pain

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •