Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Pwnage work for me?

Thanks

Question Will Pwnage work for me?
    My 3GS 3.1.2 on T-Mobile (jailbroken with blackra1n) has crashed and needs a 3.1.2 OS restore. It is currently in recovery mode.

I am having trouble with this. My SHSH's are saved on Cydia. I changed my etc/hosts file, yet I am still getting the same error messages when I try to restore to 3.1.2

I'm unfamiliar with Pwnage, yet it appears that it might be the answer to my problem? If so, could someone please explain or link me to a walk-through covering how to use Pwnage to restore a crashed iPhone to 3.1.2 - most of the stuff I have found on Google presupposes that the iPhone has already been restored - which mine has not. It's also hard to sift through all the dated info out there.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Pianoman1976; 2010-05-21 at 05:54 PM. Reason: re-worded

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman1976 View Post
    My 3GS 3.1.2 on T-Mobile (jailbroken with blackra1n) has crashed and needs a 3.1.2 OS restore. It is currently in recovery mode.

I am having trouble with this. My SHSH's are saved on Cydia. I changed my etc/hosts file, yet I am still getting the same error messages when I try to restore to 3.1.2

I'm unfamiliar with Pwnage, yet it appears that it might be the answer to my problem? If so, could someone please explain or link me to a walk-through covering how to use Pwnage to restore a crashed iPhone to 3.1.2 - most of the stuff I have found on Google presupposes that the iPhone has already been restored - which mine has not. It's also hard to sift through all the dated info out there.

Thank you.
    If you have old bootrom 3gs and using a Mac get PWNAGE Tool 3.1.5 and take your firmware to 3.1.3, baseband will not be updated!

iPhone 3GS – OS X