Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 5.11.07 baseband?

Default Unlock iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 5.11.07 baseband?
    Hi, i have an iPhone 3gs new bootrom, tethered 3.1.2 jailbreak via blackra1n.
    I dont have my shsh files stored so lets exclude that.

What i want to do is use pwnage tool 3.1.5, to upgrade to 3.1.3 and preserve my 05.11.07 baseband. I dont have windows, so i most likely use VMwareWorkstation, or a friends mac. Once ive done that, I will use Spirit to jailbreak it, once thats done i will use "Blacksn0w rc2" the modded original blacksn0w as described here :

Blacksn0w RC2 Unlock for iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 Baseband | Redmond Pie

I will use it to unlock my iphone 3gs. It all seems logical, but i havent seen any tutorials out there. Blacksn0w rc2 is supposed to work on 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband. and pwnage tool will help me get there.
    ====Will pwnage tool 3.1.5 work in vmwarewrkstation? and will blacksn0w rc2 work after??===

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Pwnage tool 3.1.5 will work on Vmware but Custom Firmware will not work on new bootrom at all. You better stay at 3.1.2 if you still want to unlock. You cannot restore to a fresh 3.1.2 since you don't shsh on file.
    If you try, you might be forced to restore to 3.1.3 and you will lose the unlock.
    Hope this will clear things up

Hmm..

Stuck in a similar position. My friend tried using Spirit, but it boot looped his phone.

No SHSH on File, and it's a new bootrom

Any ideas? He's on 3.1.2 and needs a carrier unlock. Wouldn't have used Spirit if there was any warning about it ******* up the phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    Hmm..

Stuck in a similar position. My friend tried using Spirit, but it boot looped his phone.

No SHSH on File, and it's a new bootrom

Any ideas? He's on 3.1.2 and needs a carrier unlock. Wouldn't have used Spirit if there was any warning about it ******* up the phone
    There was a warning, right on the page where it's downloaded from. It specifically said not to use it on top of another jailbreak.