Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to restore 3.1.2 on 3GPS already jailbroken via Blackra1n

Default Want to restore 3.1.2 on 3GPS already jailbroken via Blackra1n
    3GS on 3.1.2 with 05.11.07 I used Blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock.

I have found signal issues and wifi issues and read alot of posts that have had the same problem, I believe some of it is to do with the fact after JB I did a restore backup.

I wanted to start over, but I can't install 3.1.2 as its no longer signed up apple and my SHSH was not filed on cydia.

Can I apply a custom ipsw made from pwnage tool, will that overwrite everything? I have a custom 3.1.2 ipsw that I made with pwnage tool. Scared to try it in case I mess everything up and unlock is vital for me. Although I am so so tempted right now. If it worked, would that overwrite everything and give me a clean start?

The main point is I want to start all over again using Pwnage custom 3.1.2 + blacksn0w and setup as new iPhone not a backup.

Even with a custom ipsw you still need your SHSH on file with saurik to restore. Looks like you'll have to wait for the 3.1.3 unlock.

So I got my offcial unlock from O2 and that worked.

So I decided to try and load the custom 3.1.2 I had made with Pwnage as now I had a backup to unlock.

It worked fine and loaded with no verification errors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeegnesh View Post
    So I got my offcial unlock from O2 and that worked.

So I decided to try and load the custom 3.1.2 I had made with Pwnage as now I had a backup to unlock.

It worked fine and loaded with no verification errors.
    Jeegnesh i have exactly the same problem and am bugged.Have a 3G S 3.1.2 with modem firmware 5.11.07.Jailbroken and unlocked by blackra1.Everything was fine unless one day added a source in cydia to download a cracked full version of iblacklist.Downloaded it and the phone crashed.Restarted and when used blackra1 was not able to input passcode as the screen got disabled.Tss request pending.I get an error that the device is not eligible for the requested build.Cannot restore and the device keeps restarting.I am from india and my cell num is 9879798383.Mail id is [email protected] help me

I would try and build a custom 3.1.2 using the pwnage tool, there are plenty of guides on how to do this. Then try and restore your phone using that custom ipsw via iTunes. If you need to unlock you will then need to install blacksn0w via cydia.

Hold on.. you're saying that I can restore an iPhone 3GS with a custom 3.1.2 ipsw from Pwnage Tool with no problem that 3.1.2 is not signed anymore? If so, I've been missing something and that is really good news for me. Anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Yes, custom firmwares do not require SHSH files. Very old news....
    *IF you are already jailbroken, not for a virgin phone...

Was news to me I was searching hard for this last weekend. But yes I was jailbroken (via blackra1n) then applied pwnage 3.1.2 over the top via iTunes restore no problems.

Ok, I have a blackra1n tethered jailbreak. I made my custom 3.1.2 ipsw with pwnage tool. When i try to restore, I get "An unknown error occurred (1604)" This is in Recovery mode. I also tried DFU mode and got error 1600. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't do any DFU or Recovery mode. I just plugged in the phone, iTunes picked it up then shift click restore and selected the custom ipsw and that had no issues.

Also I have not upgraded iTunes to 9.1 I think I remeber seeing something about 9.1 being a problem you might want to search on that if your on 9.1

I'm on 9.0.1. What version of iTunes are you using? I just tried without putting it in recovery, but iTunes does that anyway when you restore. So same 1604 error. I was really hoping that was my problem.. I take it you are on a windows machine? I'm on a mac, might that have something to do with it? Kinda grasping for straws here.. really want to make this work.

I am running 9.0.3.15 so in theory your version should be fine. considering your just doing the restore custom, you could try this procedure on someone elses machine if it goes well, pull the plug when it comes to the setup screen create new or backup and conenct to your machine after that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did this already using snowbreeze but while restoring the error says Device is not eligible for the required build.I guess my device is into a reboot loop.

never used snowbreeze so can't comment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Gecko91, custom firmware will not work for you ( only for old bootrom: untethered). Your iPhone is tethered ( new bootrom). Stay at 3.1.2 for now , ( do a hard reset to boot up) or you will be forced into restoring stock 3.1.3