Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Blank! Pwnage failed now cant do anything!

Exclamation Iphone 3gs Blank! Pwnage failed now cant do anything!
    I tried using pwnage tool to jailbreak my iphone because I was using the blackra1n....Now my iphone is Blank and wont respond. Itunes recognizes it in restore mode and wants to update it to the newest software and restore but then I would lose the unlock. Im currently running the 3.1.2. version and running a Mac. When I try to restore it with the custom firmware it gives me the 1600 error code. I already tried reloading Itunes and I tried restore with custom firmware on a Pc.
    WHat do I do?
    Last edited by berlin_jeremy; 2010-04-19 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused. Your phone was already jailbroken with blackra1n... and then you tried to jailbreak it again.. with pwnage tool? I need some more details. Do you have a 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia?New bootrom? old bootrom?

Yes, it was already jailbroken with BlackRa1n and didnt like what a hassle it was about when you turn off the phone so I tried jailbreaking with Pwnage tool. I also tried just restoring it with iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore but apple didnt allow the restore.
    WHat is the 3.1.2 SHSH file? And I have the newer bootrom

You can not use custom firmwares with the new bootrom 3GS phones, and Apple is no longer signing 3.1.2. Sorry.

ALL new bootrom jailbreaks are tethered, there is not currently a way to jailbreak a 3.1.2 new bootrom 3GS without "hassle it was about when you turn off the phone".

Do you have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeez View Post
    You can not use custom firmwares with the new bootrom 3GS phones, and Apple is no longer signing 3.1.2. Sorry.

ALL new bootrom jailbreaks are tethered, there is not currently a way to jailbreak a 3.1.2 new bootrom 3GS without "hassle it was about when you turn off the phone".

Do you have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia?
    Is there any way of getting my phone back to the point where I can use it with a tethered jailbreak?

WHAT is the 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia????
    WHat is SHSH and how do I find it or know if i have it?
    Thanks man
    Last edited by berlin_jeremy; 2010-04-20 at 02:23 AM.

An SHSH is a signature file. If you had ever clicked "make my life easier" in cydia when you were jailbroken while Apple was still signing 3.1.2. you should be on file. If you didn't, then you are out of luck.

You can find out if you have it by following this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/704...hsh-cydia.html

IF YOU DO, you can re-install 3.1.2 by following this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...hsh-cydia.html

There are many, many threads on this forum about this topic, and most of your questions already have answers posted.

ModMyi Forums - Search Forums
    Just type some keywords about what you are looking for in "keywords" and click the "Search Now" button.

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BumbleBeez For This Useful Post:

berlin_jeremy (2010-04-20)

So WIthout having done that im 100% screwed until they come out with a new jailbreak for 3.1.3 or something??
    SO, I might as well let itunes restore my iphone with the 3.1.3 and use it as an itouch right?

Is that right?
    Last edited by berlin_jeremy; 2010-04-21 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost