Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to RESTORE if itunes doesn't recognize iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How to RESTORE if itunes doesn't recognize iphone
    Hey guys,
    so what I thought was a simple problem has been made worse in the last 6 hours. My home button stopped working, so I restarted the phone a few times, got nothing. Tried to put it in DFU mode so I could restore, only to find that my itunes does not recognize the phone. Nor did the phone recognize a charge from a wall outlet.

It's a 2g running 3.1.2 I used pwnage to unlock/jailbreak. After I messed with it for about 30 minutes, It suddenly went into recovery mode...i think (it's the screen where the cartoon steve jobs comes up) that stayed on my screen for a while, and if i rebooted the phone by holding down the power, or power and home... and just kept going back to that screen. Still no recognition in itunes.

I kept rebooting for a while, and it would go back to normal mode with the home button still not working, so atleast It would go back for a bit. Now it is in a reboot loop. (only when plugged in) if i unplug it appears to die, and I can't turn it on or do anything to it. So I plug it in to the usb and the pineapple pops up and then black, pops up then black, it happens about once every second.. lol its a fast loop. And I haven't been successful at getting it out at all. A min ago the steve jobs cartoon came back up when I tried to put it in dfu, then it turned back off and went straight back to the loop.

I've tried re-installing itunes, restarting my computer, still no detection. I've tried pwnage again to see if that would help it be detected, nada. I'm running out of ideas! Took it to a cell phone repair store today, they looked at it and couldn't do anything.

I think if I can just restore the phone I can work with it from there!

Please help if you can! Shoot my a message on my aim if thats easier trackris24
    thanks!
    Kristen

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackris24 For This Useful Post:

CatastropheKate (2010-05-04), sadiqali540 (2010-05-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMrBrett's Avatar
    Thanks

did you fix your issue?

LOL...I am having the same prob. So I now have a 3g I can JB and use as an Ipod touch and NO 2G. You get ANY help? I was bold "stupid" enuff to go to the apple store. They seemed to be able to restore, but wanted to upload 3.1.3 WHAT A JOKE. I now have two USELESS wonders. PLEASE if there is ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SOLUTION, HEEEELLLP

Kate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatastropheKate For This Useful Post:

sadiqali540 (2010-05-11)