Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Didn't use Categories & Icons Missing!?

Default Didn't use Categories & Icons Missing!?
    Hello, all

I'm using 3.1.2 and have icons missing for some Cydia apps (Winterboard), and several App Store apps. The applications can still be accessed, but no icons.

-I was not using Categories.
    -I did not hide them using Poof, Settings, or any other utility.

Here's what I already tried that has not worked:

-rebooting
    -restoring with my custom ipsw
    -using Terminal and iPhone explorer to find the springboard icons property list in order to back it up and delete it. I cannot find the file anywhere.
    -uninstalling, then re-installing the apps

Any suggestions?

I heard some of the apps will not appear on the iPhone such as OpenSSH. That could be the case, but that's just me who found out when I didn't have access my iPhone when trying to SSH through the iFunBox.

OpenSSh is not supposed to appear have an icon on the Springboard; the ones I'm missing should all have one. Thanks, though!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Restore?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I know Winterboard got updated so the app icon is hidden and the settings page has been moved into Settings.

Thanks, battlecrushr

That's on the list of stuff I tried. If I trashed my custom ipsw and restored - the only thing left to try - I think I'd be unable to unlock the phone in the future.

Thanks, dhamien

Didn't know that. I can't find its settings page in Settings. And that wouldn't explain all the other missing icons.
    Last edited by cybermercenary; 2010-04-04 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

do u have sbrotator some ppl said it messed that up

Default nope
    Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    do u have sbrotator some ppl said it messed that up
    Nope. Don't have that one.

Default Figured it out
    The missing icons were caused by downloading iNav, which installed the blank webclips it needs even though I had not actually tried to use it via Winterboard.

The phantom webclips used up more springboard spaces than were available and forced some of my apps to no longer appear on the springboard.

Deleting the blank webclips on the phone didn't work; they'd reappear every time I rebooted. They had to be removed via SSH.