Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking my 3gs on 3.1.3 "unknown error 1600"

Default Jailbreaking my 3gs on 3.1.3 "unknown error 1600"
    Ok, I'm having a problem. I just upgraded to 3.1.3 with my iphone 3gs. I am on a MAC. Did all the steps correctly with pwnage tool. After i option restore in itunes to select the custom 3.1.3 firmware, I keep getting an error message within itunes that says the following:

"The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (1600)"

Before i upgraded to 3.1.3 I was on 3.1.2 and did the "Make my life easier" thing within cydia.

Do you know anyway to fix this? Is anyone else having that problem? Please help... I cant stand having a stock iphone!. lol

Keith
    Last edited by oakleyman1986; 2010-03-28 at 02:01 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unfortunately, you can't jailbreak a 3GS on 3.1.3 at all. The only chance you have is if you can downgrade and that's only if you stored your 3.1.2 SHSH files while they were still being signed. They stopped signing those early February.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

oakleyman1986 (2010-03-28)

Wow. I could have sworn that the jailbreak for 3.1.3 was possible. Oh well. Thanks for you help man.

Keith

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Oakley, yes you can jailbreak a 3GS jailbroken FW3.1.2 to Fw3.1.3. I kept my baseband at 04.26.08. I have an untethered jailbreak, unlocked wtih ultrasn0w, and running on Itunes 8.2.0.23. I can upgrade to a custom FW 3.1.2 to custom FW 3.1.3 without error and also tried downgrading back to cusotm FW 3.1.2 with no error at all. i didn't even get an error of 1015 which most people gets while downgrading. You might want to try another machine, oh by the way I am using a PC and I made my custom FW from VWmare for windows. I hope this helps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Oakley, yes you can jailbreak a 3GS jailbroken FW3.1.2 to Fw3.1.3. I kept my baseband at 04.26.08. I have an untethered jailbreak, unlocked wtih ultrasn0w, and running on Itunes 8.2.0.23. I can upgrade to a custom FW 3.1.2 to custom FW 3.1.3 without error and also tried downgrading back to cusotm FW 3.1.2 with no error at all. i didn't even get an error of 1015 which most people gets while downgrading. You might want to try another machine, oh by the way I am using a PC and I made my custom FW from VWmare for windows. I hope this helps
    It's not possible for the other user to do that. The reason you could downgrade is because you were already jailbroken at 3.1.3. Another thing is that custom firmwares skip the signing process and that's the reason you can downgrade without 3.1.2 SHSH files stored. It's not possible from stock 3.1.3. Also, the reason you don't get a 1015 error is because the baseband isn't touched like it would be on a downgrade to a stock firmware.

Thanks

Dhamien, thank you for the info, now I understand why I could do it , appreciate it cheers

I need some help. I used the pwnage tool 3.1.5 to upgrade to Firmware 3.1.3. Everything went well until the end when I noticed I no longer had any phone service through my carrier. The iPhone no longer showed my phone number, and the carrier was no longer listed in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I do not know what to do to get this important service back again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mskreind View Post
    I need some help. I used the pwnage tool 3.1.5 to upgrade to Firmware 3.1.3. Everything went well until the end when I noticed I no longer had any phone service through my carrier. The iPhone no longer showed my phone number, and the carrier was no longer listed in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I do not know what to do to get this important service back again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do.
    It sounds like you're with an official carrier and that you selected activated while making the custom firmware. If you are with an official carrier, you need to make the firmware unactivated.

If you're with an unofficial carrier, you need to install an unlock. Which unlock depends on your baseband version. 04.26.08 is unlocked by ultrasn0w and 05.11.07 by blacksn0w.

In the case of blacksn0w, don't use the regular one, there's been an RC2 version released. You can find that by adding the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info/ to your sources in Cydia and then searching for it there.

Dhamien, I am not very computer literate. My baseband version is 05.11.07. I do have Cydia installed on my phone. This may be a stupid question, but how do I get everything to work right. How do I do the unlocking with this program in my iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dhamien, I am not very computer literate. My baseband version is 05.11.07. I do have Cydia installed on my phone. This may be a stupid question, but how do I get everything to work right. How do I do the unlocking with this program in my iPhone.
    Well, the question is really, are you using an official carrier? For in the US, that would be ATT.

Dhamien, I am using Cincinnati Bell. I have Firmware 3.1.3 installed on my 3GS 32 GB iPhone. I have all the apps and everything else working including wifi except for the most important thing; I can't call or receive calls because the Sim card doesn't work. The phone has No Service in the upper left hand corner.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Dhamien, I am using Cincinnati Bell. I have Firmware 3.1.3 installed on my 3GS 32 GB iPhone. I have all the apps and everything else working including wifi except for the most important thing; I can't call or receive calls because the Sim card doesn't work. The phone has No Service in the upper left hand corner.
    I still don't know if it's an official carrier. When I ask about official carrier, I mean when you go into a store to buy the iphone where you live, can you buy it with the carrier you have? If you can, you need to remake the custom firmware you used and when you have a choice about activated/unactivated, choose unactivated.

If you're not on an official carrier, on your phone, go into Cydia. Go to the 'Manage' page and then click 'Sources'. In there, click 'edit' and then click 'Add'. Type in the address http://cydia.pushfix.info/ - then go to the 'search' page and search for 'blacksn0w RC2 Final'. Install that. That'll give you service on an unofficial carrier.

Dhamien, I installed blacksn0w through Cydia. Do I need to do anything else or do I just insert the Sim card for the unofficial carrier?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just insert the SIM. Actually I don't think it matters when you put it in. I don't think there's a reason to have it out while doing the restore.

Dhamien Thank you very much for your help. I finally have a fully functioning iPhone again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good to hear

I have a Iphone 3G 3.1.3 and I Jaibroke it yesturday but the thing is that I have a contract with bell aliant for 3 years and I was wondering if its gonna **** my phone up or something. Becaus when Im on my wifi network at home its working good but when I turn that wifi off and try my internet with bell its not working.

Its giving me that error : Could not activate cellular date network
    You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

PLEASE someone help me

And I have a sim card they put in... don't know if it changed something but anywayz..

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyzuveckayo View Post
    I have a Iphone 3G 3.1.3 and I Jaibroke it yesturday but the thing is that I have a contract with bell aliant for 3 years and I was wondering if its gonna **** my phone up or something. Becaus when Im on my wifi network at home its working good but when I turn that wifi off and try my internet with bell its not working.

Its giving me that error : Could not activate cellular date network
    You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

PLEASE someone help me

And I have a sim card they put in... don't know if it changed something but anywayz..

Thanks
    There are two different packages to subscribe : You might have just suhscribe to Voice Plan only. In order to be using your 3G network, you have to subscribe to Data Plan too. I suggest you check with your Carrier Provider.

well I think I have the 3G network cuz in the top it saying Bell 3G and there is 5 bar like its connected to a network... And my boy friends ipod is working with bell and not mine anymore... Maybe its becaus I jailbreak it?
    Well I'll call them anywayz
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyzuveckayo View Post
    well I think I have the 3G network cuz in the top it saying Bell 3G and there is 5 bar like its connected to a network... And my boy friends ipod is working with bell and not mine anymore... Maybe its becaus I jailbreak it?
    Well I'll call them anywayz
    Thanks
    That is not true, jailbreaking it will not affect your 3G network. For one thing I know, Bell Canada uses the 3GS fast network. Bell Canada just recently incorporated the use of Sim Card, so they went with the fastest speed. It is poaaible that your location doesn't support 3g network.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

tikzo (2010-05-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast