Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Bricked iPhone 3G...yes, another one!

Exclamation Help! Bricked iPhone 3G...yes, another one!
    Ok, so, I've read the posts, I've tried many avenues and I need some possible new options. I have an iPhone 3G that was on:
    3.1.2 FW
    5.11.07 Baseband
    and, this phone was purchased from Apple in August 2008...so to my understanding my boot rom will not allow me to do those other cool little tricks people may suggest...can't remember the technical terms off the top of my head.
    SO, the phone has been JB and Unlocked (as I currently live in Germany). I DO NOT have an old AT&T SIM Card...I do have a Vodafone SIM Card (no contract...it's a pay-as-u-go) and I also have a TruPhone Sim Card.
    THIS is was I've tried:
    iTunes 7.7, iTunes 8, iTunes 9 whilst using various ipsw's ranging from 3.0 - 3.1.2 (regular ipsw's and custom ipsw's -> using Pwnage Tool)...and yes, even 3.1.3 (only used the custom ipsw also using Pwnage) ....ALL TO NO AVAIL!
    I HAVE used Pwnage Tool in all of my endeavors and I have even tried all updates through iTunes with and without a SIM card.

I do have Blackra1n, Redsnow and various versions of Pwnage Tool. I have managed to get 3.0FW onto the phone but once I got passed the update and tried to unlock, my phone deaded again!

IS MY PHONE TRULY BRICKED???? OR Can there be another option?

Thanks

Those things only matter for the 3gs, not the 3g. Just do the shift+restore and select 3.1.2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

nypgt96 (2010-03-23)

I am doing it now.
    Steps: DFU, shift+restore, selected Stock Apple 3.1.2 FW (not the custom ipsw), and it appears to be working...THANK YOU! However, what should I do (or should have done) to complete the JB and unlock? I don't want to run into a situation where iTunes tells me that I can't backup my information due to no SIM Card or incorrect SIM Card.

Thanks

Just run blackrain and then install snow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

nypgt96 (2010-03-23)

Word....I'll let you know how it all goes down....Vielen Dank (Thank You)!!!
    Now should I hold off on doing my backup's until I am all done with RA1N and Snow?
    ...Well....Mr. Effinpig....you have saved my phone.....THANK YOU!!!!!! Big Ups to U!!!!
    Last edited by nypgt96; 2010-03-23 at 08:07 PM. Reason: New Information