Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G boot loop serious problem

Default Iphone 3G boot loop serious problem
    Hi, new to these forums, though through some looking around this seems a good place to be.

Well I have a problem and was hoping someone here could help. My iPhone 3G is stuck in a reboot loop. I didn't do anything apparent to cause this. Just this morning before class, after I took my phone off the charger I noticed it rebooting but failing, so I manually reboot it (HOME+POWER) and it seemed to boot like normal. But a few hours later, I tried to send an SMS and, as soon as I told it to send, it froze. I tried rebooting it, but ever since then, it's been stuck in a loop.

I've already looked up and tried some possible fixes for this problem (iRecovery, Frozenw1nd, and even following Quickpwn's instructions while my phone was in recovery mode.) I haven't tried any restores because I'm really hoping I won't have to (there's some files on there I'd hate to lose.) Nothing has seemed to make any difference so far. If anyone has ny kind of suggestion for a solution I'd love to hear it. Maybe even just if there's a way I can retrieve my files to backup. My computer only recognizes the phone at all while in recovery and DFU modes, but no programs seem to let me access files in that state.

I'm using windows 7 with iPhone 3G firmware 3.0 (i believe so, anyway) quickpwn'd

Again if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them, I really hope to get this solved soon. Thanks in advance!

Oh also, iRecovery says my autoboot is set to true.
    Last edited by _ERK; 2010-03-18 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost