Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware with PwnageTool 3.1.4

This is very late but it is because you closed Pwnage while it was restoring or you put a custom boot and recovery logo

Quote Originally Posted by screamankit View Post
    The infamous iPhone Dev-Team has updated its PwnageTool for Mac to make it compatible with the new iPhone 3.1.2 firmware which was released last week. This latest version of PwnageTool can jailbreak the original iPhone (Edge), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (1G and 2G) running on iPhone firmware 3.1.2. The custom .ipsw firmware files created with PwnageTool can update iPhone to firmware 3.1.2 without updating its baseband so that it can be unlocked to run on any carrier SIM. Also added is the support for jailbreaking iPhone 3GS which are already updated to firmware 3.1.x (including 3.1.2), either out of the box, or directly from iTunes.

The following step-by-step instructions will help you jailbreak your iPhone running on iPhone firmware 3.1.2 with PwnageTool 3.1.4 :

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes.

Step 2: Now start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your PC so that it backs-up all your important data including settings, apps, music, contacts and photos.

Step 3: Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 and the original iPhone OS 3.1.2 for your version of iPhone (download links given below). Move all these files to your desktop.

Step 4: Start PwnageTool 3.1.4 and select your device.

Step 5: PwnageTool 3.1.4 will now automatically detect the correct firmware for your device.

-SCREAMANKIT.
    I can't get pwnage tool to recognize iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw.Even browsing and selecting the fie returns the same error message. Keeps saying "wrong firmware selected". Any ideas? Have tried 5 different sites for the software.
    Last edited by Draconis1234; 2010-01-03 at 02:48 AM.
    Rick

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok so i am to understand you can jailbreak a OFB iphone 3Gs? with 3.2.1 software? i got it to work with Blackrain (very easy) but not in love with the whole idea of having to reconect my iphone to a computer if turned off or power runs out.

So i tried to use Pwnage Tool 3.1.4(and jailbreak guides) and everything looked fine until my iphone was ending the install it just went to a Blank screen and nothing was working..and itunes just says it sees a phone in recovery mode. but if i try and reinstall anything..the iphone doesn't respond at all(itunes trys to do a factory install but nothing happens)...i have to mess with it on another machine just to get it out of whatever state it is in. its really strange never seen this before...

i have been jailbreaking/unlock iphones since the first ever software unlocks...so i have tons of experience...or at least i feel like i do...lol

Anyone please...tell me i am missing something? here...
    If your 3GS came with 3.1.2 installed, it's likely that your phone has the new bootrom. You'll have to make do with blackra1n since nothing else can jailbreak your phone.

The connecting to the computer every time you turn on the phone has nothing to do with which jailbreak method you choose. It's hardware related and it's not something that can be up- or downgraded to fix. It's something you'll have to live with for now.

Smile Thanks
    Feel free to ask me any questions here should you run into any problems when unlocking your iPhone.

ENJOY!

-SCREAMANKIT.[/QUOTE]

Your guide was great but it took happypappys clarification about the 3 buttons before pwnage found the firmware. Thanks to all.
    Rick

Default Help
    First time jailbreaking iphone 3GS 3.1.2 Modem FW 05.11.07
    sn0wbreeze and pwnage tool 3.1.4 both successfully create the new ipsw file, but then itunes fails in loading it to iphone. I get the error 2001 and have to restore to factory. I can successfully load blackra1n, though lose this hack when phone is rebooted.
    Please help!

Hi There. Stuck at Restore with error 1600 from iTunes. I believe the phone is stuck in DFU or Recovery mode. There is nothing on the screen, however when i connect it to itunes i get the "Recovery Mode" dialogue which asks me to restore the iphone.

No matter what firmware i choose, wether its the custom or the standard, i get error 1600. How can I get out of this blank screen mode? JB isn't a huge thing for me, i'll be happy to just use the phone as long as it works!

3GS firmware 3.1.2

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by yaarpanjabi View Post
    Hi There. Stuck at Restore with error 1600 from iTunes. I believe the phone is stuck in DFU or Recovery mode. There is nothing on the screen, however when i connect it to itunes i get the "Recovery Mode" dialogue which asks me to restore the iphone.

No matter what firmware i choose, wether its the custom or the standard, i get error 1600. How can I get out of this blank screen mode? JB isn't a huge thing for me, i'll be happy to just use the phone as long as it works!

3GS firmware 3.1.2

Cheers.
    Are you using sn0wbreeze or Pwnage tool if so when restoring make sure all other windows are closed if that doesn't do the trick delete the custom ipsw make a new one and do it in expert mode if you need an unlock put activate and uncheck the custom boot logo hopes THAT HELPS

Quote Originally Posted by rundmc808 View Post
    First time jailbreaking iphone 3GS 3.1.2 Modem FW 05.11.07
    sn0wbreeze and pwnage tool 3.1.4 both successfully create the new ipsw file, but then itunes fails in loading it to iphone. I get the error 2001 and have to restore to factory. I can successfully load blackra1n, though lose this hack when phone is rebooted.
    Please help!
    When jailbreaking with blackra1n on a 3G S when it get stuck in recovery and says connect to itunes plug into cpu or mac close itunes a open blackra1n and click "make it rain" that should reboot your phone
    Last edited by Flybeast0408; 2010-01-31 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Flybeast, thanks for the reply. The problem isn't just the custom ipsw, its the normal firmware too. I cannot get anything on the screen, its just blank. iTunes detects it in being recovery mode, but as soon as it tries to restore with ANY firmware, i get the 1600 Error.

Any ideas? Previously I had used blackra1n to jailbreak but then the problem with that was that I had to plug the phone into the computer every time it restarted which was a pain in the ***. So i restored to standard apple firmware, then tried with PWNG tool and this is the result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123