Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unclocked iphone 3GS with 3.1 preinstalled. What are my options?

Default Factory unclocked iphone 3GS with 3.1 preinstalled. What are my options?
    What can I do? I know the new quickpwn program doesn't work if I haven't jailbroken my phone before but I am willing to give it a try. How bad can it get? My phone is factory unlocked... My phone can't get messed for good, can it?

no, your phone won't be messed up completly, but I guess it won't work. just be a little patient, I'm sure a JB for you will be released soon :-)

I'm going to give it a try then. MAYBE it will somehow work.

Please report back with you findings if you do it. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

LOL.. you basically just said "I know this won't work but I'm going to do it anyway." Nice.

How come people dont understand the words FACTORY UNLOCKED. Seriously, the whole point of this model is that you can update it to any firmware and it wont be locked, AT ALL!!!YOu just jailbreak as usual which I did using pwnage. installed cydia and hooked up to itunes and it unlocked it, plain and simple. It cant get any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad202 View Post
    I'm going to give it a try then. MAYBE it will somehow work.
    Good luck!!!

Let us know how it goes.

wow i wonder how much are people selling these factory unlocked phones? good luck =]

I'd tried to update my iPhone 3GS to firmware 3.1 and then restore with the custom firmware. iTunes gave me error code 1604.

Since my iPhone 3GS got 3.0 ECID SHSH on file, I've downgraded and pwned it on firmware 3.0 and then restored with 3.1 custom firmware.

Cheers~~~

Quote Originally Posted by vvilliamm View Post
    wow i wonder how much are people selling these factory unlocked phones? good luck =]
    $800-1k, USD.

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad202 View Post
    My phone is factory unlocked... My phone can't get messed for good, can it?
    Your phone will forever be unlocked.
    Jailbreaking, however, is another matter entirely.
    Last edited by nachobel; 2009-10-09 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost