Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 PwnageTool question?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.1 PwnageTool question?
    So I am workin on a friends iPhone 3G S, and he did not sace the shsh file with Cydia, and updated to 3.1, we waited for the jailbreak. I have tried to jailbreak the iPhone with Pwnagetool and keep getting the 1600 error. I have tried to restore with DFU mode, Recovery mode, and just when it is plugged in. Is there something I am missing...?

Any help would be bomb! Thanks!

Default I resolved my 1600 error by....
    Quote Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
    So I am workin on a friends iPhone 3G S, and he did not sace the shsh file with Cydia, and updated to 3.1, we waited for the jailbreak. I have tried to jailbreak the iPhone with Pwnagetool and keep getting the 1600 error. I have tried to restore with DFU mode, Recovery mode, and just when it is plugged in. Is there something I am missing...?

Any help would be bomb! Thanks!
    I resolved my 1600 error by holding in the power/home buttons until the itunes/usb logo appeared (30 or more sec. holding both buttons) & then installing 3.1 as described. Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So put it in restore mode instead of DFU? I tried that and it would just stay on the screen that said preparing for restore, and nothing would happen for about 15 minutes.

Thanks

Yea the phone has to be in recovery mode...

UM.....One HUGE thing you are missing...The phone has to be on 3.0 or 3.0.1 AND jailbroken. You can't just jailbreak 3.1 yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ?
    So what you are saying is that you cannot jailbreak the 3.1 iPhone... yet... it would have had to been on 3.0 before I could jailbreak 3.1?

Yeah... Pwnagetool 3.1.3 does NOT support iPhone 3GS out of the box with preinstalled firmware 3.1.

Cheers~~~

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The important thing is that the phone must be in pwned state otherwise it will reject the non-official ipsw.

Redsn0w will put the phone in pwned state but currently only works phones with 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmware.

Don't know which other jailbreak tools put the phone in pwned state.