Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Global Restore error 1600

Default 3GS Global Restore error 1600
    Hi
    My iphone with firmware 3.1, when i restore with custom firmware , itunes message error code "1600" , please help me

Your iPhone wasn't pwned on 3.0.
    You have to wait for the jailbreak tht jailbreaks the official 3.1 firmware.

Cheer.

no, my iphone has never jb. now it's official 3.1 firmware

your stuck on 3.1 for now.
    Sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khiemves View Post
    Hi
    My iphone with firmware 3.1, when i restore with custom firmware , itunes message error code "1600" , please help me
    Your gonna have to waite for the updated redsn0w for the 3GS OTB jailbreak.. But if your already on the officall 3.1 apple ipsw you will not be able to unlock...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3g210 For This Useful Post:

khiemves (2009-10-05)

Ok so I was wondering...

I have the 3gs and when purplera1n was released I went ahead and used it to jailbreak. I never went to 3.0.1 and Saurik has my device on file. I have changed to point to his server but I still get the 1600 error when I try my custom firmware. I did notice that if I start my device after all the failures, it stays on the apple logo for a while but eventually comes back to life after about 10 minutes, so I can keep trying.

My question is this: Did I have to jailbreak specifically with redsn0w for pwnagetool to work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enbee View Post
    Ok so I was wondering...

I have the 3gs and when purplera1n was released I went ahead and used it to jailbreak. I never went to 3.0.1 and Saurik has my device on file. I have changed to point to his server but I still get the 1600 error when I try my custom firmware. I did notice that if I start my device after all the failures, it stays on the apple logo for a while but eventually comes back to life after about 10 minutes, so I can keep trying.

My question is this: Did I have to jailbreak specifically with redsn0w for pwnagetool to work?
    Try putting the phone in DFU mode and try your custom restore.. Have you tryed just using apples server and not saurik server..

And the problem with purplera1n is that its more a half *** jailbreak, it uploads a small to the point ramdisk as compared to redsn0w's ramdisk does

i had this same prob, i got around it by just plugin in the phone, hit shift+restore and point to my custom firmware, let itunes do its thing. no dfu mode, just plug in the iphone and do it. this worked for me 3 times, winterboard kept f'in up my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by enbee View Post
    Ok so I was wondering...

Try to downgrade your iPhone 3GS to firmware 3.0 and then jailbreak with redsn0w or purplera1n. You can look around for the guide at the forum.

Then, create 3.1 custom firmware for iPhone 3GS using pwnagetool and restore with it. It should be jailbroken after restore completed.

PM if you need any help.

Cheers~~~

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's possible you need to jailbreak with redsn0w in order to get pwned status on the phone.

Previously pwnagetool did a specific exploit that attacked the systems that verify the validness of the ipsw files. When these systems are out of commission the phone accepts any ipsw file and this is known as pwned state.