Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My phone is working again after 3 weeks, my story

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My phone is working again after 3 weeks, my story
    so my JBed and unlocked 3GS was stuck on the Apple logo loop of death. I was on 3.0.1 and everything was running smooth untill my GPS signal just died and never came back. restored my phone and JBed again. all was well.

a few days later Safari was scrolling strangely. the screen jittered when scrolling when it should normally be smooth as buttah. ok no biggie, just reboot. <BUZZER SOUND>

wrong answeer. the phone got stuck in the loop again BUT i had no idea that Apple has stopped sogning 3.0 and 3.01. i was SOL.

i had read about not updating so there my phone sat. an expensive black brick. so no being able to restore to anything but 3.1, i tried every remedy under the sun that the net had to offer. SShing in, changin, moving stuff, different button combiation pressing. redsn0wing, purplera1ning again.

nothing

finally i tried irecovery which if i had used first, might have saved me. after all my monkey buisness the phone finally got to the home screen, cool right? <BUZZER SOUND>

wrong.

the phone had only 2 icons. youtube, and cydia. both crashed immediately. no other icon, no the phone, not ipod, zilch.

after around 3 weeks i think the Pwnage tool was released, too bad i have only PC.

luckily i found a customized IPSW to download and it worked beautifully, but i had no signal. installed ultrasn0w and my phone was back!

I want to send a special thanks out to all the people who helped make this happen.

guys here like XsemophoreX, iGuru, L00i3, and the Dev Team of course!

you guys f-ing ROCK!

Congrats man, glad you are back in business and life in jailbreak land is good again.

I wish upgrading to 3.1 wouldn't have killed my MMS.