Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 3GS jailbreak/unlock: PUSH? Is it working?

Default 3.1 3GS jailbreak/unlock: PUSH? Is it working?
    Mine isn't. Did I do something wrong? I need my push notifications. :-(

FYI I'm using it on USA tmobile.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-10-03 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got the same problem
    the solution with ./inject don't work anymore..
    and the push fix from a repo make push working but i get other push notifications too

Quote Originally Posted by luxuspur View Post
    i got the same problem
    the solution with ./inject don't work anymore..
    and the push fix from a repo make push working but i get other push notifications too
    Push doesn't even work for me with the repo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Have you tried NOT checking "Activate Phone" when building the custom ipsw ?

Then i suppose iTunes can activate it properly afterwards but i dare not do the experiment as i don't have 3.0 ECID on file with cydia.

- FlipFlop

if you activate the phone normally then push should be working 100%

when you hacktivate it, it should still be working with the fix from cydia, but is kinda annoying as you get other messages as well.

if it doesn't work for you at all, than that's strange ... you might want to create another FW and restore again

are there any official news that this Push Fix doesn't actually work? i'm trying to get ping to work on my jb unlocked 3.0 iphone 2g

They should remove it from cydia.

After doing a lot of googling, it seems that this Push Fix uses some sort of unique certificate, so everyone who applies this patch uses the same cert, which causes the push to not work and know which phone to push messages to.

i had this problem originally after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1 on my 3gs. to fix it, i redid the ipsw in pwnagetool, but unchecked the activate option...i had the original unused att sim in phone for the entire process. after i unlocked with ultrasnow and rebooted, i stuck the tmobile sim in and a screen popped up saying the phone was activated as soon as i got signal...push works now.

only probs i've come across since upgrading is that the carrier text at the top left is no longer there, so i dont know what network i'm on and that the tethering option is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sammybaddy View Post
    i had this problem originally after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1 on my 3gs. to fix it, i redid the ipsw in pwnagetool, but unchecked the activate option...i had the original unused att sim in phone for the entire process. after i unlocked with ultrasnow and rebooted, i stuck the tmobile sim in and a screen popped up saying the phone was activated as soon as i got signal...push works now.

only probs i've come across since upgrading is that the carrier text at the top left is no longer there, so i dont know what network i'm on and that the tethering option is gone.
    that solution is similiar to that method from the tmobile 9 page thread right? would this work if i'm on att, if so would i have to use an unactivated att sim card (or would my sim already be considered un activated??)? mine is hacktivated since i wanted to use a non iphone plan from att.

i need to get push working for PING! i have a jailbroken unlocked 3.0 iphone 2G

Yea, pretty much the same as that thread...i dont know if it'd work on att.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My push is giving me headaches. I am a legit customer, so no need to hacktivate and I have unchecked activate on all custom firmwares I have made and used. Push works fine for a bit and then stops working. I always get the pop up that in order to use Push, I need to connect to iTunes. I have un-installed apps from Cydia to try and narrow it down, but cannot find the culprit. I am on my 3rd try with custom firmware.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Update. I restored my phone again and everything seems to be working. The 2 suspected apps were Notifier and aTimeTool. I am unsure whether to try them again.

Not sure what you are relying on push for, but my gmail pushes to my phone just fine when set up as a MS Exchange account. I think the only other app I have installed that supports push is YIM, but I don't use it (and I have it's notifications turned off anyways) so I can't speak on if that works right.