Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update and save jaibreaked 2.2 to jailbreaked 3.1

Default Update and save jaibreaked 2.2 to jailbreaked 3.1
    Hi,

I finally ask the question because I didn't succeed to find anything to do what I want.

I'm about to update my jailbreaker 2.2 iPhone 3G to 3.1. But I would like to save and restore all the datas that are not in the iTunes back up (Cydia packages, them datas, SBSettings toggles and themes, etc.). Is there a way I can do this or I have to save it manually (via SSH) ?

Secondly, I would like to be shure I'm gonna use the right software this time. I'm on a Mac (Leopard, iTunes 9), and with an iPhone 3G, jailbroken with PwnageTool 2.2. I only need PwnageTool 3.1 to do the same, don't I ?

Thanks !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

1. There are several apps in Cydia that will backup all your cydia packages. Some free... some pay.

2. You will need to restore your iPhone 3G to 3.0 first to upgrade your baseband to 4.26.08. After that you can use Pwnage 3.1 to build a custom 3.1 firmware and restore to that. Finally you will download the app you used to back up all your stuff and use it to restore all your cydia packages.

What a fast and perfect answer, thank you !

“restore your iPhone 3G to 3.0”
    To 3.1 I guess... Restore necessary ?

And could you just give me any names of apps and the best of the free ones ? Or is there a comparative I somewhere ? I already downloaded AptBackup and AppBackup but they don't seem to be really useful.

Thanks again !
    Last edited by Didjo; 2009-10-01 at 10:29 PM.

Still someone ?
    Last edited by Didjo; 2009-10-04 at 09:12 AM.
    Please excuse my English...