Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 9 required to activate OS 3.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iTunes 9 required to activate OS 3.1?
    Hello all.

I'm not new to using PwnageTool, so I went ahead and created a new IPSW for iPhone 3G OS 3.1. I restored my spare iPhone 3G with no incident, with an AT&T SIM card installed. However, the activation process does not complete like it has in the past; instead it shows "Waiting for activation This may take some time".

I haven't updated to iTunes 9; I'm still using iTunes 8.2. Does anyone know if iTunes 9 is required for activation to complete on OS 3.1? I don't want to update this computer to iTunes 9 until the 3GS PwnageTool is released. I could install iTunes 9 on a spare computer to see if it activates there, but thought I'd ask first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having a problem too. I've upgraded my iTunes to V9 and have downloaded the FW3.1 for my 2G iPhone. Pwnage 3.1 creates the custom restore FW, which I'm able to find and select in iTunes with my phone in restore mode (detected by iTunes). It begins the extraction then says:"Error message 1600 - iPhone has encountered a problem and cannot continue"

I've created fresh custom restore files twice now, used different USB cables, connected directly to my iMac. Have not yet tried alternative computer. Any thoughts anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never mind. Looks like my spare AT&T SIM card is now deactivated.

Otherwise, unplug your phone, close itunes, reopen itunes and plug your phone back in and the activation process will happen.