Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If you PC user's need a custom 3.1 ipsw for the 3G

Hi again, I KEPT getting the 1600 error when using other user's firmware anyone can help? some ppl say only itunes 8.2 can do it but i tried both 9 and 8.2 but it's still 1601, 1602 error

What is the error iTunes reports in the iPhone Updater log? Mine are located in
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs
    Get the newest one (highest numbered or by date). You can open it in notepad and jump to the bottom and look backward from there.
    Last edited by skip_l; 2009-09-18 at 11:43 PM.

skip i have a question chief.
    with itunes 8.2.1 can i restore a 3gs to a custom 3.1 (with 4.26.08 baseband)?

lilfellbob: I'm definitely no expert, I've just posted what worked for me. Let me try to answer your question.

From what I've researched, success depends on the current state of your iPhone - baseband version and bootloader version. I think it should be possible to update to the custom firmware with iTunes 8.2.1, but the only way to be sure is to try it out. There are apparently some differences with the 3GS, but they revolved mostly around ipsw 3.0 and getting a valid signature from Apple. So if you are trying to go to a custom ipsw 3.1 on a 3GS, I think it will work. If that works, then you can check out Fuzzyband Downgrader through Cydia. It will report the installed baseband and bootloader and tell you if it can change the baseband to 4.26.08. I did a quick check and can't seem to find any confirmed reports of Fuzzyband working on a 3GS, though. The custom ipsw I used included Cydia and ultrasn0w but did not attempt to mess with the baseband. I'd try to find an image like that to preserve your baseband, if possible.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works out.

Good luck

The 3GS can not be JB on 3.1 and pwnage does not yet work for it.
    Do not attempt to update a 3GS.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

ok thanks heaps mate. also cheers confucious.
    I spose ill have to wait then, until they release the next redsn0w

cheers agan,
    lilfellabob

BTW Fuzzyband is 3G only and then only for the very first models.
    It certainly wouldn't work on a 3GS
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sorry, is there a link where I can download the fw 3.1 with 4.26 baseband?? please help me

Not here, it is, strictly speaking, illegal to distribute customised FW.
    But I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

ok, thank u. unfortunately I can't find it....:-(

Thanks

i just sent you a pm with a surprise...

yeah drugo seems im in the same boat, desperate for the 3.1 FW with old baseband.. pls post if u find it? (as will i if i find) but will itunes let us restore to it? (it verifys?!?)

can u pls send me a suprise?!??

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilfellabob View Post
    yeah drugo seems im in the same boat, desperate for the 3.1 FW with old baseband.. pls post if u find it? (as will i if i find) but will itunes let us restore to it? (it verifys?!?)

can u pls send me a suprise?!??

thanks
    Please do not post it here!!!
    As I said I have a link and all you gotta do is PM me and ill send you the link for download like everybody else did...

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3g210 View Post
    Please do not post it here!!!
    sorry, my bad

could u send me the file?

if u need a link for a 3gs 3.1 with old baseband, pm me.. i got banned from another forum for just posting a link to a discussion on it!

^ so you thought you'd come and get banned from this one as well?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ^ so you thought you'd come and get banned from this one as well?
    ^^^^ That is quite funny actually.

well i thought id help anyone who was in need of the firmware, it was driving me crazy not having it... the other ban was 5 days, if i help a few ppl a 5 day ban is worth it.
    wateva though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12