Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New pwnage for 3.1 released!!

Thanks

Almost certain that you're using the wrong file.
    What's the name of the file and the phone you're trying to JB?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Just got an iPhone 3G with 2.2.1 about 6 to 8 months ago, they had a pwnage tool for windows. I think that pwnage did a much cleaner job ( plus many more options ) than redsn0w on the jailbreak. I am a windows user, is there any hope of finding another winpwn/pwnage tool?

Thanks

Winpwn is an abandoned project that hasn't been worked on for quite a while.
    There was never a pwnagetool for windows. There was quickpwn but that just did exactly what redsn0w does in a prettier package.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Almost certain that you're using the wrong file.
    What's the name of the file and the phone you're trying to JB?
    I've tried one thats " iPhone2,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw" and another that's "iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw". I have a 3g with 3.0 right now. Its already been unlocked and jailbroken for 4 months or so.

Thanks

It's the second one.
    Are you selecting the iPhone 3G when pwnage asks you?

Thanks

well ok, pangie, I do like the pretty package that winpwn offered. you seemed to take offense to my last post, none intended. Can I as a windows user still get all the pretty packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    It's the second one.
    Are you selecting the iPhone 3G when pwnage asks you?
    Yes I was but I figured out the problem was I did not have the 3.1 pwnage tool. I did the jailbreak and reinstalled ultrasn0w. I use t-mobile and now the t-mobile symbol does not show up in the top left corner but the service seems to be working okay. Could this be because I used the simple mode in pwnage tool? I know its obviously not essential if the service is working but how would I fix this?

Thanks

No. That's how it is on all phones.
    It really isn't an issue.. just a cosmetic problem...
    If it really bugs you you can make a custom one with Make It Mine in Cydia.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

Scott.Bartlett (2009-10-02)

Okay as long as I get service its not a big deal. Thanks for all your help it great how you respond so quickly

Thanks

No problemo

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheese View Post
    well ok, pangie, I do like the pretty package that winpwn offered. you seemed to take offense to my last post, none intended. Can I as a windows user still get all the pretty packaging?
    Sorry it's been a long month
    I was just correcting you.

Default Can't jailbreak 3.1
    Hi Angiepangie
    I downloaded the pwnage3.1 tool and iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw. I have successfully used pwnage 2.1 but I couldn't get 3.1 to work. When I followed the instructions and it said at the end I was in DFU mode I wasn't and the phone was as before. I held the Home button down and replugged into iTunes which found the phone in recovery mode. I then pointed it to the file on my desktop. "Preparing your phone" came up and staid there for ages and eventually iTunes said an error had occurred. I had to restore my phone from backup. Please help, I hate having an unjailbroken phone.
    Regards
    Peter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234