Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool crashes during build

Default PwnageTool crashes during build
    I saw that several people have posted this problem in the "How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.0" thread, but I have yet to see a response about it.

I am running Pwnagetool 3.0 on PPC/Tiger in Expert mode for a 3G jailbreak, and Pwnagetool crashes every time I try to build the custom restore file. I am using the version of Pwnagetool and the FW3.0 found in the "How to" guide for 3.0 jailbreaking.

Can anyone tell me what my problem is? Is the FW3.0 available on the first post of the 3.0 "How to" thread incompatable? Is it a PPC issue?

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if this is a PPC issue? Any other ideas?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quaternio For This Useful Post:

jojesus (2009-09-07)

Why don't you just use RedSn0w?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I don't think this is a PPC error. If you downloaded the tool from the Dev Team website then it's no error, I jailbroke my ipod the other day (Mac OS X Leopard). If you downloaded the tool from a mirror then that's why there's an error not all mirrors are good, some have errors some don't.

Thanks

Not sure if this has been resolved yet.. but...
    Pwnagetool 3.0 does not work on PPC macs.
    Pwnagetool 3.01 is the update that works on PPC macs.
    You can get that from the Dev Team site.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

It is not supported by PPC macs and the dev team have mentioned it.

As Angie said, 3.01 is supported on PPC Macs.
    So is the new 3.1.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.