Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Essentials To Make My Custom IPSW.

Default Essentials To Make My Custom IPSW.
    Hi guys.

I have tried to use the Pwnage tool to make my own IPSW, however I have seen there are a few errors with all the ones I have made so far.

* It seems that when it crashes badly, I have to restore and jailbreak the phone again.
    * I never seen to know what packages from Cydia I should add exactly. I want to add some other packages too, but what are the essentials? When I did it for the first time and I tried to install ultrasn0w via Cydia, it said that it was installing a lot of packages, and it was removing others (BossPrefs was being removed for some weird reason).

What packages MUST I install when I make my custom IPSW? I installed many things, but I am surprised at the amount of things I didn't install and that were needed.

Also, I am having bad problems making my own custom logo. I have tried everything, and the boot image I have attached below doesn't want to work. Any help with that?

Any help will be highly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -boot1.png  
    Last edited by Madeleine; 2009-07-17 at 12:22 AM.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

For the 2 years I've been jailbreaking, I've never managed to get the custom boot logo in pwnagetool to work correctly. It has to be too perfect and exact, and it's impossible to get. You can just ssh it in after you're done. You shouldn't install any packages through PwnageTool into the .ipsw. It causes problems and is a lot harder than doing it in Cydia. The first time you open cydia, you SHOULD have a lot of updates. That's normal. And bossprefs doesn't really work on 3.0, o I'm guessing you added it through pwnagetool, and then cydia just removed it in your next install/update/removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh