Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems pwnaging 2G deactivated iphone: please advise

Default problems pwnaging 2G deactivated iphone: please advise
    I just bought a new iphone. I tried to reactivate my 1st generation iphone with ATT and add it as a 2nd line to my account to use as my house phone. Of course, ATT doesn't really know how to provide cellphone service, so activation on the old iphone failed. I got aggravated and decided to jailbreak/unlock it and go to tmobile. I downloaded pwnage tool 3.0, iphone firmware, and bootloader 4.6. I followed the step-by-step guide from this site, and all seemed to go as described. I saw the pineapple log on my old iphone, and got the success message from pwnage. I connected to itunes and recovered from the custom file. But my phone is stuck on the "connect to itunes" screen. When I connect to itunes, it tries to go to ATT to activate, and as I said before, that doesn't happen, which is the whole reason I'm trying to do this.

Where the heck did I go wrong? Do I need to take my ATT sim card out to run through the procedure? Do I need to get the tmobile card? Actually, I have truphone and skype on my old iphone, so if I could just get it to work like an ipod, I could make calls on it from my house.

Aggravation and impatience are destroying me... Any ideas?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-06-30 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When you created the custom firmware you need to make sure to check "activate" on one of the options screens. Then the phone will be automatically activated.

Thats a must since your not using ATT....if you were using ATT then you could let itunes activate it.

So your gonna have to start all over