Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G Iphone OS3.0 Hang After Cydia Respring

Default 2G Iphone OS3.0 Hang After Cydia Respring
    Mates - Help me please
    I recently updated my iphone 2G to OS3.0 phone was working fine until I updated essentials in cydia. During the respring the phone hung. I could not do anything with it - all the buttons freeze. I had to wait for the phone to run out of battery.
    I started to recharge my battery and now it stays in a hung "state" with the bootup apple logo. All the buttons do no work, I cant even switch it on/off. Cant get in DFU mode. Itunes does not recognize the phone when connected to the MAC. I tried to press the HOME and connect to itunes, it does not seems to work.

I think my phone is pretty screwed right?

I had this same thing happen. My eventual fix was to upgrade the iphone to OS 3.0 and then use redsn0w to re-jailbreak it. It took me many hours to figure this out, but I don't guarantee that it will work for everyone. It's just what worked for me.

Since then, I have updated Cydia again, and it seems to work fine now. It may have been crossing with other jailbreak apps I had on there when I updated Cydia. This time I did it right away after the restore.

GJLOWE
    how did u managed to get it detected on itunes? I cant seem to even get the buttons to respond.

Hard reboot and then DFU mode. Hold power and home buttons for 20 seconds for the reboot. Then hold them again for 10 seconds, after which you let go of the power and keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds.

GJLOWE

Thats my problem - my buttons dont work. I can hold both or any buttons for hours and nothing happens. I know once I get into DFU -it can be easily fixed...

Sorry, I don't have any further advice then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gjlowe For This Useful Post:

mikaeltan (2009-06-22)

thanks for your help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaeltan View Post
    Mates - Help me please
    I recently updated my iphone 2G to OS3.0 phone was working fine until I updated essentials in cydia. During the respring the phone hung. I could not do anything with it - all the buttons freeze. I had to wait for the phone to run out of battery.
    I started to recharge my battery and now it stays in a hung "state" with the bootup apple logo. All the buttons do no work, I cant even switch it on/off. Cant get in DFU mode. Itunes does not recognize the phone when connected to the MAC. I tried to press the HOME and connect to itunes, it does not seems to work.

I think my phone is pretty screwed right?
    In a hung "state" with the bootup apple logo; leave it at this state as long as you could...it might doing something. If it doesn't change at all in an hour or so. You're screwed I think.