Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems with pwn 3.0 and 1g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default problems with pwn 3.0 and 1g
    i have tried to upgrade to 3.0 5 times everything looks ok with the reception signals bars to be full, but the problem is that if the device goes to sleep for more than 5 minutes it disconnects you from the network and no one can call you . I have tried everything from changing sim cards of different carriers to neuter my boot loader and unlock again. The problem remains.

I have tried to upgrade without pwnage tool although there is no way to activate the phone I get full signal from my card and I am able to call to my phone. The network disconnection problem occurs only with the pwn tool.

Does anyone faces the same problem?

AFTER A LONG DAY
    i have tested the above using to phones and 2 computers
    the problem remains also with the redsnow and it applies to all carriers in my country. I do not know if the problem occurs with the pwn or redsnow because it will not occur unless you start playing with your phone (ex. search for some contacts) since i do not have a way of activating the phone officially i cannot learn if that is something that is caused by the official upgrade. downgrading the phone to 2.2.1 solved my problem.

MORE ON THE PROBLEM

I am not a developer but i think the problem is related to the way that the iphone handles the sim card. When the phone is busy doing something and someone calls if you do not answer then, I think the modem stucks and afterwards it gives either a busy signal or it disconnects you from the network. For some carriers in my country it will give always a busy tone and for some it will always disconnects. I will try to find a sim from another country to test that possibility.
    Last edited by astylianou; 2009-06-21 at 09:53 AM.