Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone having issues installing certain apps?

Default Anyone having issues installing certain apps?
    My phone crashed hard, had to be restored, when I tried to instal python, it froze and sat there for 10 mins, when I tried to reboot it stoped at the loading screen, anyone else having bad app installs?

no problems here. sorry to hear about yours

phonezap will not install, the icon will either not show up if I try to sync thru iTunes, or I can download from app store on phone, and the icon will display installing, but just hang at ~100%, and then the icon disappers

The same thing happened to me, but i was just installing the ZodTT repo in 'cydia when mine froze. It's happened twice so far. First time, I just couldnt run the apps that were installed, period.

Guess it's time for another go-around on restoring again >.<

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mine install fine, but then all of a sudden some apps, like bargain bin, will stop working, at random. When this happens, if I reboot the phone, most of my installed apps go away! Just poof! 2 pages of apps gone.

Well, I found out that mine will freeze and lock up at loading screen when I install libxml2. When I install that is when it all goes to hell... Think I might be able to get someone else to install that and see if it might happen to your IPhone as well as it might just be a problem with my IPhone.

I use categories, and my itunes backup keeps a setting file that apparently remembers which icons were set to "hide". This is why it appears that my "old" apps from 2.2.1 were not installing. I use sbsettings to manage hiding icons, and that is where I unhide the apps which appeared to not install.