Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible Jailbreak Solution for iphone (2g+3g) windows users

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Possible Jailbreak Solution for iphone (2g+3g) windows users
    I have successfully jailbroken my 2g and 3g iphones using the method below after experiencing countless error 1600s. Hope that this works for other windows users.

1. Find a custom 3.0 firmware for your iphone model created by a mac user.
    2. download and install winpwn 2.5.0.2 from the official website.
    3. download an older firmware supported by winpwn such as 2.0.2 as well as the bootloader files (3.9+4.6) if you have a 2g iphone.
    4. use winpwn and follow the directions until it asks you to connect the iphone and go into dfu mode. the application will crash and leave your iphone with a blank white screen.force quit the app using task manager.
    5. Now use itunes to restore the iphone with the custom firmware obtained in step 1.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to adamo7 For This Useful Post:

AFone (2009-06-20), iancdp (2009-06-20), langsalang (2009-06-20), OLDCell (2009-06-20), SilentFreek (2009-06-20), wat89 (2009-06-20)

I'll try this out, hopefully it'll work. Getting pretty damn annoyed with these 160x errors
    haha (:
    Thx for the method, regardless if it works or not. I'll report back when I've tested it

did it work?

I got a couple of questions.. After it has made the custom firmware in WinPwn, you get alot of questions if you want to view the DFU instructions, if you're iphone is off etc.. what Should I do here?

I dl a iphone 2g unlock/jailbreak for the 3.0 software. I put it in DFU mode and hit shift/restore, picked the software, and now im gettin 1604 errors.

Im trying this but anyone know how to get past the 1604 error

woo
    i got it to the white screen

wooo i think its working!!!
    Last edited by langsalang; 2009-06-20 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hell ye!! its working!! cheers adamo7!!! you rock!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Woot!! It Works!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wat89 View Post
    I got a couple of questions.. After it has made the custom firmware in WinPwn, you get alot of questions if you want to view the DFU instructions, if you're iphone is off etc.. what Should I do here?
    just follow the instruction.
    read it or not is up to you.
    just follow the on screen. where it tells you to press the power button for 5 sec do that then while still holding down the power button press the home button for 5 or 10 sec i cant remember what the screen said, any ways do that that release the power button still holding on to the home button and then about 10 secs later it will recognise it and iphone shows white screen and the winpwn crashs. (im on windows 7 and it crashed)
    and then leave the iphone with white screen as it is connected to the computer, open itunes and itunes will detect that the iphone is in recovery mode.
    click restore, but when clicking restore hold down the shift button to chose which ipsw you wish to use. obviously find the 3.0 custom firmware you downloaded then sit back and wait.
    mine is almost done now

12. The Following User Says Thank You to langsalang For This Useful Post:

wat89 (2009-06-20)

I can't get this to work because winpwn will not display correctly for me in Windows 7, it asks me to select if i'm with an official carrier but I can't see the options at all. Darn, was hoping this would work.

Default 2.0.2 firmware
    where can i get the 2.0.2 firmware?!?!

working for me

can someone please send me a 3.0 custom ipsw from macs?!?!? help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    tombombman. I actually have used this method for all the previous 2.0 firmware upgrades but did not think to share it because I thought most people already knew about it. Not looking to take credit for anything just trying to help.
    mashimarowu, you can find links to download all firmware version on iclarified.com or at this link iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From.
    Last edited by adamo7; 2009-06-20 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    can someone please send me a 3.0 custom ipsw from macs?!?!? help
    Demonoid.com - iPhone 3G 3.0 Custom Firmware
    here is the torrent link to the custom firmware of 3.0

iPhone Firmware Download - Apps & Firmwares for your iPhone
    from above link you can fine winpwn and all the 2G and 3G firmwares

Quote Originally Posted by langsalang View Post
    just follow the instruction.
    read it or not is up to you.
    just follow the on screen. where it tells you to press the power button for 5 sec do that then while still holding down the power button press the home button for 5 or 10 sec i cant remember what the screen said, any ways do that that release the power button still holding on to the home button and then about 10 secs later it will recognise it and iphone shows white screen and the winpwn crashs. (im on windows 7 and it crashed)
    and then leave the iphone with white screen as it is connected to the computer, open itunes and itunes will detect that the iphone is in recovery mode.
    click restore, but when clicking restore hold down the shift button to chose which ipsw you wish to use. obviously find the 3.0 custom firmware you downloaded then sit back and wait.
    mine is almost done now
    Sweet, figured it out now. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by adamo7 View Post
    tombombman. I actually have used this method for all the previous 2.0 firmware upgrades but did not think to share it because I thought most people already knew about it. Not looking to take credit for anything just trying to help.
    mashimarowu, you can find links to download all firmware version on iclarified.com or at this link iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From.
    i see the 2g 3.0 firmware, is that a CUSTOM ipsw and from a MAC?

finished it and now just syncing everything back.
    this CFW has icy! i am not very keen on icy...
    i will see how i get one. has cydia so its ok.
    it is so good to have jailbreak again!
    now all i need is ultrasn0w! come on!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    i see the 2g 3.0 firmware, is that a CUSTOM ipsw and from a MAC?
    no these are the original firmware files and where you can download an older version supported by the old winpwn. use demonoid or mininova to find a custom 3.0 firmware.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast