Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible Jailbreak Solution for iphone (2g+3g) windows users

just curious while im restoring, does it have all the new apple apps like voice recorder, copy & paste, spotlight. on this one?

just did it and failed... does it make a difference if the ipsw is not custom and from a mac?
    Last edited by mashimarowu; 2009-06-20 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    getting that invalid hash problem

adamo7: in your post you said you need bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6... i got some from 2.2.1 but winpwn never asked for it, also in the winpwn the top right corner there was expert mode... did you use expert? also it had quickpwn or custom... which did you have it on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto1025 View Post
    getting that invalid hash problem
    you need to provide winpwn with a supported firmware such as 2.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    adamo7: in your post you said you need bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6... i got some from 2.2.1 but winpwn never asked for it, also in the winpwn the top right corner there was expert mode... did you use expert? also it had quickpwn or custom... which did you have it on?
    you only need the bootloader files if you have a 2g iphone. you don't have to select expert just follow the instructions. the winpwn options don't matter because you will not use the custom firmware it creates anyway. you are only using that program so that is pwns your phone properly in order to accept a custom firmware. you must find one created by a mac user with pwnagetool 3.0
    Last edited by adamo7; 2009-06-20 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adamo7 View Post
    you need to provide winpwn with a supported firmware such as 2.0.2.

you only need the bootloader files if you have a 2g iphone. you don't have to select expert just follow the instructions. the winpwn options don't matter because you will not use the custom firmware it creates anyway, you must find one created by a mac user with pwnagetool 3.0
    I tried 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. None of them seem to work

Default worked but no phone
    This worked for me except my phone isn't working and in settings, it dosen't know my number.

I have AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    This worked for me except my phone isn't working and in settings, it dosen't know my number.

I have AT&T.
    It may be that the custom firmware you used had the activate option which is only for non official iphones. Try finding one that specifies that it is for AT&T users.

It may be that the custom firmware you used had the activate option which is only for non official iphones. Try finding one that specifies that it is for AT&T users.

Good idea, looking, that's a tough one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto1025 View Post
    I tried 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. None of them seem to work
    make sure you download the correct firmware for your iphone model. 3g fimwares are numbered iphone1,2. also choose your iphone model in winpwn as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    make sure you download the correct firmware for your iphone model. 3g fimwares are numbered iphone1,2. also choose your iphone model in winpwn as well.
    Did all that. O well. Thanks for the help I'll wait till quickpwn

Default Custom IPSW
    Here's a custom IPSW I made earlier on my mac. It's for an iPhone 3G (1,2). PwnAppple Boot Screen, Cydia and Icy.

Not had any problems with it and it's running fine on my 3G. If you have any problems or want a custom one, PM me and I'll see what I can do. This one should be fine though.

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to b3tard For This Useful Post:

OLDCell (2009-06-20)

Default Custom IPSW
    Here's a custom IPSW I made earlier on my mac. It's for an iPhone 3G (1,2). PwnAppple Boot Screen, Cydia and Icy.

Not had any problems with it and it's running fine on my 3G. If you have any problems or want a custom one, PM me and I'll see what I can do. This one should be fine though.

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

EDIT: Ooops, I don't know why it double posted?
    Last edited by b3tard; 2009-06-20 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks to the guy that made this thread! It works! Im tweeting about it

Thank you tombombman it worked!! Ur amazing dude

Default AT&T 3G Custom 3.0 ?

Anyone have a link to an AT&T 3G Custom 3.0 ? (non activated I guess)

Thanks

See the link I just posted above. I'm on O2 in the UK. Same IPSW should apply to you on AT&T
    (Ie. We've got phones on the network they're supposed to be on.)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to b3tard For This Useful Post:

BiGBaD (2009-06-20)

That worked! Thanks!

Great it's working its just in the process of restoring... Thanks for the guide and thanks b3tard for the CFW.

On O2 so thats good but once Ultrasn0w is out I will unlock it for when I go travelling!!

Just got to get sorted out with all my apps and stuff and that could take some time, atleast it will give me a chance to clean up what I dont use etc.

CHEERS GUYS !!

No problem mate. Hope it went alright for you.

I felt bad for the people on Windows. iPhone Dev-Teams site stats said the majority of people visiting were on Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by b3tard View Post
    No problem mate. Hope it went alright for you.

I felt bad for the people on Windows. iPhone Dev-Teams site stats said the majority of people visiting were on Windows.
    All good, up and running just need to get all the bits n bobs sorted.

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast