Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage 3 crashing during ipsw build on OSX

Default pwnage 3 crashing during ipsw build on OSX
    Anyone else got this problem, I've tried simple and expert mode but both crash during build at about the point when you need to sign into authenticate.

Help anyone?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

i have the same problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ojrtega For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2009-06-20)

Same issue here as well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to youngcapitalist For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2009-06-20)

I am having the same problem. I sounds like this version only works on intel based macs, not ppc.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ptpuffers For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2009-06-20)

Thanks

I had same problem on my iMac, downloaded again on Macbook, worked first time.

Quote Originally Posted by ptpuffers View Post
    I am having the same problem. I sounds like this version only works on intel based macs, not ppc.
    I think you are right with the intel statement
    Last edited by nickh; 2009-06-20 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2009-06-20)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2009-06-20), qnc (2009-06-24)

Damn. looks like the Dev_Team have dropped support for the PPC Mac in favour of the Intel MAC head of Apple with Snow Leopard

Please fix this Dev_Team
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

qnc (2009-06-24)

i'm having the same problem and i'm on intel mac. O__O

Same problem. Pwnage tool quits halfway through building custom firmware for 3G. Using PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11.

Error message report:

Date/Time: 2009-06-20 12:06:23.635 +0100
    OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
    Report Version: 4

Command: PwnageTool
    Path: /Volumes/PwnageTool/PwnageTool.app/Contents/MacOS/PwnageTool
    Parent: WindowServer [60]

Version: 3.0 (3.0)

PID: 271
    Thread: 6

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000007

16. The Following User Says Thank You to slobchops For This Useful Post:

qnc (2009-06-24)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep! Me too! G5 quad, OS 10.5.7

Anybody working on a solution for this? If you are, TIA!

I have the same issue. Downloaded pwnage3.0 ... then did a custom install... and the app crashed a few seconds into the building stage. I tried 5 times in a row and the same result. Help!

Mac Dual 2.5 PPC 10.5.7

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Damn. looks like the Dev_Team have dropped support for the PPC Mac in favour of the Intel MAC head of Apple with Snow Leopard

Please fix this Dev_Team
    I was hoping it was just a bug and not that they knew it wouldn't work on PPC Macs. IF thats the case seem they would have brought it up when Pwnage dropped BUT they didn't mention it until redsn0w and mentioned something about "until its fixed" so...

And why would they have to drop support of one for the other? Seems since previously versions worked on non Intel or Intel Macs that future versions can too.

I don't now maybe I'm being optimistic. I read you can fix the "bug" by making sure all programs are shut down, deleted all library caches folders and then rebooted and running pwnage (by dragging and dropping it into the applications folder)... then I read it worked for some and not for others... who knows! I didn't try it cause my luck I'd delete something and mess up my whole OS X.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post

Please fix this Dev_Team
    Same problem for me too. Alarm bells started ringing when I couldn't copy the program from the disc image to the Applications folder.

So ran it from the expanded disk image, and crashes or dissapears just after starting to build the ipsw file, in both Expert and Simple mode.

Can someone explain what would make the program so different, ie Pwnage V2 and Pwnage V3 after all they are only re-compliling the ipsw file, surely thats the same process in each case. Or am I being too level headed.

Lets hope theres a fix for those of us who love our older veteran Macs, or do't have the cash for new ones.

Same here. PPC Powerbook G4. Crashes everytime. Well, we just have to wait and see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slobchops View Post
    Same problem. Pwnage tool quits halfway through building custom firmware for 3G. Using PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11.

Error message report:

Date/Time: 2009-06-20 12:06:23.635 +0100
    OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
    Report Version: 4

Command: PwnageTool
    Path: /Volumes/PwnageTool/PwnageTool.app/Contents/MacOS/PwnageTool
    Parent: WindowServer [60]

Version: 3.0 (3.0)

PID: 271
    Thread: 6

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000007

Just in case we are keeping a running crash log mi is a little different

Date/Time: 2009-06-24 15:53:08.221 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
    Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000000000000b
    Crashed Thread: Unknown
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by mr_inky View Post

Can someone explain what would make the program so different, ie Pwnage V2 and Pwnage V3 after all they are only re-compliling the ipsw file, surely thats the same process in each case. Or am I being too level headed.

Lets hope theres a fix for those of us who love our older veteran Macs, or do't have the cash for new ones.

I don't know much about comps but I was asking myself the SAME thing. Strange previous versions worked fine on PPCs. I'm patiently waiting but I think this issue is LAST on the Dev Team list. I wish someone else could come up with a fix. I'm thinking it has to be something very minor and not in the program but something we have to do to our comps.

I personally didn't try the deleting cache "trick" but only 1 out of 100 (or thats how it seemed from the feedback) claimed that worked so..

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    I was hoping it was just a bug and not that they knew it wouldn't work on PPC Macs. IF thats the case seem they would have brought it up when Pwnage dropped BUT they didn't mention it until redsn0w and mentioned something about "until its fixed" so...

And why would they have to drop support of one for the other? Seems since previously versions worked on non Intel or Intel Macs that future versions can too.

I don't now maybe I'm being optimistic. I read you can fix the "bug" by making sure all programs are shut down, deleted all library caches folders and then rebooted and running pwnage (by dragging and dropping it into the applications folder)... then I read it worked for some and not for others... who knows! I didn't try it cause my luck I'd delete something and mess up my whole OS X.
    Perform "Repair Disk Permission"

Quote Originally Posted by albrevng View Post
    Perform "Repair Disk Permission"
    Do you know that this works or your just guessin it might? I guess it want hurt to try so I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: After reading that some peoples comps were running fine but after "repairing disk permissions" they suddenly had unwanted crashes, etc
    I'll hold off running this UNLESS it in fact works.. then I will take the risk that Pwnage will finally work but other problems outside Pwnage might happen.
    I'm sure its usually harmless to run disk permission but I hate taking a chances. I don't know enough about computers to deal with unexpected outcomes.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-06-27 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks

I gave up and used redsn0w 0.72 to jailbreak and unlock. Deve team said it would not work or could have issues, but it worked for me on all 4 of mine no issues. (2G/3.0)

I did not really need a custom firmware just wanted to JB so I could install apps. Though a larger partition would have been nice.
    Last edited by qnc; 2009-06-27 at 11:00 PM.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

has there been any luck with this issue?

I ran "repair disk permissions" and it didn't help. Pwnage still crashes.

Anybody figure this out yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast