Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage 3 crashing during ipsw build on OSX

Quote Originally Posted by karlreed2 View Post
    has there been any luck with this issue?

I ran "repair disk permissions" and it didn't help. Pwnage still crashes.

Anybody figure this out yet?
    Not yet. Only thing to do is either use a friends comp or find a custom ipsw similar to one you would build and hope for the best. I used one to unlock/jailbreak my friends 3G and it worked perfect BUT maybe something is wrong with Pwnage because her wifi is horrible!

We're going to try to use redsn0w and hope that fixes the wifi issue.

Default so I tried redsn0w and PwnTool 3.0..
    And my iPhone 3G still has no reception after jailbreaking! I don't get it...is it because I'm using 10.4.11? I am going to try to jailbreak on PC with redsn0w on Windows XP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_inky View Post
    Same problem for me too. Alarm bells started ringing when I couldn't copy the program from the disc image to the Applications folder.

So ran it from the expanded disk image, and crashes or dissapears just after starting to build the ipsw file, in both Expert and Simple mode.

Can someone explain what would make the program so different, ie Pwnage V2 and Pwnage V3 after all they are only re-compliling the ipsw file, surely thats the same process in each case. Or am I being too level headed.

Lets hope theres a fix for those of us who love our older veteran Macs, or do't have the cash for new ones.

An update for you all....

Sadly northing to report, only I used a friends intel based Mac to generate my ipsw file.

Not much use to you all, I know, I wish there was a way to have the file available to download, but we all know thats illegal right.
    Last edited by mr_inky; 2009-07-07 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried using the new redsnow and instead of crashing it kept FREEZING during reboot. Again and again and again. I tried restarting the computer, I tried a different USB, and ever other little thing I could think of.. I guess redsn0w doesn't work on older Macs either???

It REALLY sucks to be on my iBook G4 right now and I LOVE my computer. But I can't unlock my phone or my friends phones. This just SUCKS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    I tried using the new redsnow and instead of crashing it kept FREEZING during reboot. Again and again and again. I tried restarting the computer, I tried a different USB, and ever other little thing I could think of.. I guess redsn0w doesn't work on older Macs either???

It REALLY sucks to be on my iBook G4 right now and I LOVE my computer. But I can't unlock my phone or my friends phones. This just SUCKS!
    I tried redsn0w .80 and got the same problem.
    I went back to redsn0w .72 and everything was OK.
    I have a G4 iMac on 10.4.11.
    I am using 2G though have not upgraded yet. The 2G I used had never been jailbroken or unlocked before.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem...... Help please!!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED.....

Incredible but True, after about 8 failed attempts of upgrade my 2G from a Powerbook 12" with OSX 10.5.7 and iTunes 8, I spent some hours of navigation on the web, and it's seems the bug could be this.....

"PWNAGE 3.0 DOESN'T WORK ON MOTOROLA CPU.... ONLY WORKS ON INTEL"

After see this comentary on a local south american forum, I try to upgrade from the 1.1.4 to 3.0 with Pwnage 3.0 on my wifes MacBookPro, and works fine.

Then I put my 2G on my Powerbook 12" and use the restore backup file saved a few minutes before on iTunes....... few minutes later...... Ta Daaaaaaa........ 2G upgreaded and working

Regards from Chile and enjoy.......
    Last edited by Dr_CJ7; 2009-07-16 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12