Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pwnage tool for iphone 3.0 is out at tpb

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by langsalang View Post
    what is the partition size of this?
    233 mb or something like that.

  2. #22
    just finished backing up and tried it.
    it faied for some reason.
    im gonna try it again.

  3. #23
    Worked for my 3G. It has icy on it but you can just delete it.

  4. #24
    I tried 2 different custom ipsw's and none of them would restore. Kept getting an error when iTunes was preparing the phone for a restore. The unpatched ipsw worked just fine though. Not sure what the problem is.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
    I tried 2 different custom ipsw's and none of them would restore. Kept getting an error when iTunes was preparing the phone for a restore. The unpatched ipsw worked just fine though. Not sure what the problem is.
    same! im getting the same problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Worked for my 3G. It has icy on it but you can just delete it.
    how did u get it to work?
    where do you live and what network are you on?
    Last edited by langsalang; 2009-06-19 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
    I tried 2 different custom ipsw's and none of them would restore. Kept getting an error when iTunes was preparing the phone for a restore. The unpatched ipsw worked just fine though. Not sure what the problem is.
    In order to use a custom firmware, you must have previously run quickpwn on the computer and phone you're using now.

  7. #27
    are you seeing this in windows?

  8. #28
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Piatra Neamt, Romania
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 69 Times in 3 Posts

    I have the same problem Error 1600. Tried in restore mode, DFU mode, clean resture factory 3.0, restored again custom ipsw and still the same error. My iPhone was pwned before so what is the problem?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by abuthemagician View Post
    are you seeing this in windows?
    alright.
    so i've got to go back to 2.2.1 and then quickpwn it then restore it to this one. alright ill do that.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by langsalang View Post
    same! im getting the same problem



    how did u get it to work?
    where do you live and what network are you on?
    AT&T. Read post 26. That could be your problem.

  11. #31
    oh crap.
    i cant even go back to 2.2.1 -_-;;;
    i guess im stuck till they release the quickpwn for windows.... damn

  12. #32
    I was able to go back to 3.0 GM and restore my backup by putting the phone in DFU mode... (Turn phone off. Hold power and home for 10 seconds, release power before the apple shows up, itunes will ask to find out if its really a phone...) I am on windows, with iTunes 8.2

  13. #33
    I have tried restoring to original 2.2.1, quickpwn'ing, then trying to restore custom FW in recovery mode and in DFU mode, neither work, I get error 1600 in DFU mode and error 10 in recovery mode. I am on pc, with itunes 8.0.0.35

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoraider07 View Post
    I have tried restoring to original 2.2.1, quickpwn'ing, then trying to restore custom FW in recovery mode and in DFU mode, neither work, I get error 1600 in DFU mode and error 10 in recovery mode. I am on pc, with itunes 8.0.0.35
    You need iTunes 8.2

  15. #35
    is it possible to install jailbroken 3.0 custom firmware on non jailbroken 3.0?
    coz i updated my iphone 3g when 3.0 was released and 3 days later dev team released pwntools "only for the mac" so im stuck now! any help?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by langsalang View Post
    is it possible to install jailbroken 3.0 custom firmware on non jailbroken 3.0?
    coz i updated my iphone 3g when 3.0 was released and 3 days later dev team released pwntools "only for the mac" so im stuck now! any help?
    No. Once you updated to 3.0 and lost your jailbreak you lost your ability to use custom firmwares. If you can downgrade to 2.2.1 and run quickpwn on it, then you will be able to restore to a custom 3.0.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    No. Once you updated to 3.0 and lost your jailbreak you lost your ability to use custom firmwares. If you can downgrade to 2.2.1 and run quickpwn on it, then you will be able to restore to a custom 3.0.
    This is incorrect. My wife just purchased a 3G with 2.2.1 installed on it. We updated it to 3.0. I used pwnage tool to create a custom 3.0 jailbroken firmware in a VMware session. Went back to the Vista with iTunes 8.2 and tried a shift+restore (phone in DFU mode). Got an error 1600. Rebooted the phone and used Recovery mode, custom firmware loaded fine and the phone is now jailbroken.

    So, the phone does not have to have been jailbroken previously. You just have to get the proper restore mode. I don't know why it wouldn't work in DFU mode. My phone on my office PC worked in DFU mode with the same process. At work I use XP though, not Vista. Who knows....

    Spydertech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •