Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone got locked, help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone got locked, help please
    okay this is what happened: I was charging my jailbroken/unlocked iphone w/ my laptop. Then my cousin ( who knows nothing about the iphone) unplugged the phone by mistake and plugged it back in. Then the update msg popped up on itunes and he updated my iphone to the latest version causing my iphone to be locked again. Now when i connect the phone to the computer, only the summary tab (with only the name of the phone) shows on my itunes. I tried retoring it to “iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw” but at around 70% of completion, error 1013 shows up. This is my first time trying to jailbreak/unlock the iphone cause my friend did it for me the first time. So does any1 know how to fix this error? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    unfortunately I believe you will have to put it in DFU mode, restore and jailbreak again.
    Not knowing if it's a 2g or 3g, mac or pc makes it tough. Filling out the details area in your profile would have helped.
    Here is a link to all the files and everything you will need.
    Here's a link about putting in DFU mode.
    It's a tree menu, just follow it and you should be good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh sorry about the lack of details. Its a 3g and I'm using windows Vista. The problem I'm having is that when I connect the iphone to the laptop, and when I click the 'iphone' icon, it tells me "we could not complete your itunes store request an unknown error occurred<400>." Then i tried to go into DFU mode (plugged in laptop, press power and home for 10 sec, then release power and cont. pressing home). When in DFU I can click the iphone tab in my itunes, but all it shows is the "summary" tab which only show the "iphone name," it doesn't show the "software version" or the "serial number." There is also "check for updates"(which is blocked out) and "restore." I can restore the phone, but after i restore it, it still only shows the summary tab. I thought I am suppose to hold shift and restore using the file “iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw,” but about 70% completion, it fails and says error 1013. So basically i was trying to restore to an older firmware so i can use quickpwn to jailbreak. But it wont let me restore to the older firmware. Sorry for this long explanation but I would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by gamer000; 2009-06-06 at 10:50 PM.