Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1st gen stuck in dfu after quickpwn

Default 1st gen stuck in dfu after quickpwn
    I tried to unlock 3.0 beta 5 twice both times when quickpwn is done it will only boot to dfu mode. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you have an iPhone 3G then the BETA is not unlockable. If you are trying to jailbreak then you have to used the special patched version of Quickpwn. If you have a first generation then the phone should already be unlocked from when you had run the unlock on firmware 2.2.1 and you still need the special patched version of Quickpwn to jailbreak. I also assume the phone boots to recovery mode (iTunes logo + USB cable).. not DFU mode (black screen).

Nope dfu black sceen no logo, I've jailbroken it before. so I restored the os then tried to jailbreak it and unlock it goes right to dfu. Tried it twice

Thanks

You are not addressing my unlock statement. If you have an iPhone 3G then the BETA is not unlockable. If you are trying to jailbreak then you have to used the special patched version of Quickpwn. If you have a first generation then the phone should already be unlocked from when you had run the unlock on firmware 2.2.1 and you still need the special patched version of Quickpwn to jailbreak.

Not a 3g 1st generation

Thanks

The baseband after firmware 2.0 stays the same at 4.05.04 which means you no longer have to run the unlock feature of Quickpwn. Refer to http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...esomeness.html for additional help.

This is so weird now it won't jailbreak. Does the same thing goes right to dfu mode. could it be because the phone is factory activated