Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 ro 2.2.1

Default 2.1 ro 2.2.1
    Hello,

I currently have a 1st generation Iphone(2g) running on firmware 2.1 and I want to upgrade to 2.2.1. My question is if I use quickpwn(windows) and restore my phone to 2.2.1 and run quickpwn will my baseband be updated? If so is my phone still able to be unlocked and jailbroken?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Yes and Yes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

TripleH13 (2009-05-07)

thanks for the quick response, but just two more thing is there any con in having the baseband updated? and I have seen in a tutorial that Itunes 8.02 should be used, does it matter if I use 8.1 or does it have to be 8.02?

Thanks

You just restore the phone on iTunes. 8.0xx will be fine. When you pwn the phone again that's when the new files you need will be added. Here follow this link to a tree menu from the web site here, and it will do it give you all the info and files you'll need to upgrade to 2.2.1 and jailbreak.
    No worries. Have fun

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

TripleH13 (2009-05-10)

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. But just from doing some reading around I have seen some people talking about taking their sim they want unlocked and putting an ATT sim in while they are restoring. Am I suppose to do that? Never did that when going to 2.1 so I am just wondering.

Also I have seen people talking about emergency call screen problems("different sim detected") and bootneuter problems and I was just wondering what are the chances of that happening? Or possibly what can I do before hand so I can make sure that doesn't happen to me.

Also when I upgraded to 2.1 a few months ago and used quickpwn I got a usb malfunction on my usb hub and the first time i tried to restore I got an error. Just letting you know in case that tells you anything I might encounter this time.

Thanks

I have found that leaving in the sim that your going to be using is the best way. Occasionally people get errors on iTunes about wrong sim. This will avoid that.
    The link provided if followed to the T will work flawlessly.
    Good luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

TripleH13 (2009-05-11)