Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help restoring IPhone 3g to new! plz help!

Thanks

Was the phone unlocked....if not try 2.2.1 in DFU mode.

What mac os or you running?
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2009-05-05 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

fatrixcartmen111 (2009-05-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Was the phone unlocked....if not try 2.2.1 in DFU mode.

What mac os or you running?

no the phone was only jailbroken, and i am running on 10.4.11. and when entering DFU mode, i connect my iphone to itunes, it says it detects an iphone in recovery mode. i enter DFU mode and it says the same message, it detects it in recovery mode. i hole option then select the firmware and get error 1600

okay i restored it with 2.2.1 and it got stuck at the apple logo.. i do like to c progress tho lol
    Last edited by fatrixcartmen111; 2009-05-06 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try this.....Error 1600: On OSX, try mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support”. If that directory is already there, try removing any files in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    u mean thru ssh? because i tried using ssh but i couldnt get it to work cuz i cant c my ip address on my phone. i am also not sure if i am able to go to DFU mode

Thanks

You can use quickpwn for the mac to put the phone into dfu mode....as soon as the screen goes blank un-plug the phone and quit the quickpwn. Now plug the phone back up and use itunes to restore.

SwapTunes is the Devil. You're on a Mac, so you're getting great help from Zwayne, but have faith -- there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good folks on IRC held my hand through it when I fudged it all up.
    Last edited by HisNameIsAngel; 2009-05-06 at 01:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea it is lol. i have hope and i go to download quickpwn again and now when it finishes downloading it says verification fail. im not having a good few days...

i saw a video on youtube saying use quickpwn for it. but now my mac is messed up and i cant download quickpwn again, my brother erased it. but my friend has quickpwn on a windows computer and is going to let me use it. is it okay going to a mac to pc to restore it? i also found this post. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/windows...y-restore.html
    Last edited by fatrixcartmen111; 2009-05-06 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12