Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with pwntool using itunes 8.1.1 mac os X 4.11 and iphone 3g

Default Problems with pwntool using itunes 8.1.1 mac os X 4.11 and iphone 3g
    Currently I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11, Itunes 8.1.1 and a 3g Iphone with the 2.2.1 firmware update. I was happy to get my iphone because i am all for Apple products but when i tried jailbreaking it i ran into a few problems... i will list them in order hopefully someone can help me. I followed directions of iclarified and alot of things went wrong on multiple times of trying to jailbreak my iphone...

quckpwn problems-
    - Would not recognize the firmware update i DLed from iclarified or the one i would DL from the app itself. running both from the pwnage folder followed directions precisely and it would say when trying to restore the iphone that there was an error and it couldn't restore

pwntools problems-

I then switched to pwntools and I began running into the same problems but at least with expert mode i was able to locate the restore and create my own custom restore. Everything runs pretty smoothly until i turn the iphone off and begin the DFU mode. I do the DFU as requested by the prog and it resets and i get the message that i succesfully entered the DFU mode but when itunes pops up and i alt-opt to restore with the custome restore itunes fails on the restore and on top of that it crashes my iphone to not be read by the comp through usb. and then have to erase my iphone and then reset everything and even when get it back up and running and it says to plug into itunes i get the restore screen. I then try to do the custome restore with it again and it still does the same thing i previously stated. I am unsure what im doing wrong or if any of my applications are stopping it from jailbreaking. I can't find a itunes 8.0.2 version made for mac but I am following the clear directions step by step. I even increased the cache to over 800 because ive read in places that 538 was not sufficient enough to load the apps.

my question is what do i do? or what can i do? I use at&t and really all i want to do is get the video camera app customize my sounds and my themes/background images. I do not care for unlocking it all the way is there any other program that i could use to get cydial? i know its long but i just wanted to be thorough with what i was trying to do.please help and thank you!

.....so to further my failed experiment..i tried doing it again using modmyi's own 3g guide. it did not work once it got to the restoration part. my screen turned white (iphone), my computer is unnaturally slow, and it gave me an error saying that it could not be restored. either iphone has put in some new upgrades or something is really wrong...these things have happened in the previous experiments

.....so to further my failed experiment..i tried doing it again using modmyi's own 3g guide. it did not work once it got to the restoration part. my screen turned white (iphone), my computer is unnaturally slow, and it gave me an error saying that it could not be restored. either iphone has put in some new upgrades or something is really wrong...these things have happened in the previous experiments
    Last edited by CrispyCali23; 2009-04-24 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost