Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error while trying to restore 3G from Unlocked 2.1 - Stuck in recovery. Bricked?

Default Error while trying to restore 3G from Unlocked 2.1 - Stuck in recovery. Bricked?
    So I unlocked my 8GB 3G to 2.1 using pwnage on OS X. Then I installed the BigBoss yellowsn0w package. Then instead of installing yellowsn0w, I installed some yellowsn0w toggle switch some guy put on Cydia, not realizing it was new and thinking it was yellowsn0w. I did some updating and then realized I hadn't installed yellowsn0w, so I installed it and restarted the phone.

The phone then restarted but wouldn't show a T-Mobile network. I decided to just restore back to factory 2.1 and then start over, installing the right software from Cydia this time.

Unfortunately upon going to restore to 2.1, the phone wouldn't complete the verification of software process, and now I am stuck in recovery mode with the USB cable and an arrow pointing towards to the iTunes logo! Trying to restore to the factory 2.1 software just results in errors. Can anyone help? I hope my phone is not bricked.

Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode.

turn phone off and leave usb cable plug in
    hold power and home button for 10 sec.
    and then release power button, but keep holding the home button down
    in till itunes recognizes it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

zakiu (2009-03-30)

had tried that a few times, and it didn't work. swapped between several computers and different versions of itunes and finally going back to a computer with the updated itunes and then a new creation of the custom restore file managed to make it work properly. never worked that way before but seems to be fine. thanks guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
    had tried that a few times, and it didn't work. swapped between several computers and different versions of itunes and finally going back to a computer with the updated itunes and then a new creation of the custom restore file managed to make it work properly. never worked that way before but seems to be fine. thanks guys
    That's good news.