Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A few basic, quick questions

Default A few basic, quick questions
    Hey guys,

Sorry to be just another confused newb, but hopefully you can help me out.

A while ago I jail broke my phone with winpwn 2.0.0.4. my phone is on the iphone software 2.1.

i really want to get it up to 2.2.1. (I think that is the latest). since I last did any of this to my phone I completely forgot how to do this, and had someone much more 733t ***0r help me with it.

basically, i would like help getting my phone on the jailbroken 2.2.1. do i need to update winpwn to 2.5? what other files do i need? is there a tutorial or guide for someone in my situation?

if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. my phone already has cydia on it, i have winpwn 2.0, just need help getting the newest iphone software on it.

Thanks

Thanks

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

That should be good for you, minus the unlocking part of course.
    Respect your elders.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

DirkaDirkaJack (2009-03-18)

Thanks all day, that is perfect.

So before, to get 3rd party apps to work, I installed total commander and changed some permissions somewhere.

is this something I need to do for 2.2.1? where can i find a tutorial for this? (didn't see one on the iclarified site).

Thanks!

Thanks

^You shouldn't have to unless some of your permissions get messed up. I'd say just cross that bride if/when you come to it...
    Respect your elders.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

DirkaDirkaJack (2009-03-19)

thanks again for the help all day.

so with my successfully jailbroken phone, when i sync it with itunes i get this message for all the third party apps that try and sync:

"the application ____ was not installed on the iphone jack because it could not be verified"

this is where i thought the yellow snow/total commander stuff came in. the permissions that i changed before have all be reset, i am guessing as i restored the phone before re-jailbraking the other day.

i have spend quite a bit of time looking for a tutorial or something explaining how i get the 3rd party apps to work again. and haven't come up with anything. i think i am missing this last step to get the apps back on the phone.

thanks again for the help.

You dont install 3rd party apps through Itunes. Only appstore apps.

Now, if your trying to install cracked apps, it could give you that error.

And...if thats the case, we dont support cracked/pirated/warez discussion on this forum.