Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Common Problem

Default Common Problem
    Hey, I got this huge issue with my phone. My Cydia kept crashing on my 2.2 iPhone, so then I tried to reinstall Cydia and Installer with QuickPwn, along with all the files it gave on a site, and I followed instructions and all. It was then I realized that I had the wrong ispw version, took the 2.2.1 version off the site, not realizing what I did. Then, now, my iPhone's stuck on the famous Apple Logo screen, and I need a way to get it back to life. I do not want to restore, since I got some good games with high scores and such, especially Mafia Live which I've been spending some weeks on. Anyway to unbrick w/o restoring my phone? I tried Quickpwning again with the correct ispw, but not much success. Please, really need some help here, and I used to iBrickr most of the stuff a while back, but none seem to be made for the 2.x.x firmwares.

Thanks,
    [email protected]!z4rd

Put it into dfu mode.Then restore with quickpwn 2.2.5 & 2.2.1 fw.

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Put it into dfu mode.Then restore with quickpwn 2.2.5 & 2.2.1 fw.
    i believe the OP didnt want to restore

He may not want too.....but if he wants a working iphone, he's gonna.

Well, I actually got it working on my own. I just hooked it up to another computer, and when I turned on iTunes, the Sync screen came up, and all was back to normal.

Thats nice! You got lucky.