Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Unfreeze iphone (1Gen I believe)

Unhappy Help Unfreeze iphone (1Gen I believe)
    Hey, I recently found a jailbroken Iphone in IKEA, (I believe to be the 1st generation 8GB), and the phone was dead. I brought it home with me and plugged it in to charge and the quickpwn pineapple logo appears on my screen and just remains there. Nothing else will happen. I tried hard resetting it (home button/lock for 10 seconds) and it just restarts back to the pineapple logo.

When I plug the iphone into my computer itunes doesn't seem to recognize that it is connected to the computer, so it seems as tho restoring it through itunes is out of the question. I connected my friends iphone and my computer recognized it immediately.

Is there any possible way that I can restore my iphone back to the original state that it was purchased in. Is there any way I can get my computer to read the iphone so I can actually get to the restore step?

I don't even know what the person who owned it before I found it did to it. It has the black and white pineapple logo which i believe to be quickpwn. I don't know what they did to make it freeze. Thanks.

-Evan

Thanks

put the iPhone in dfu mode
    That will allow iTunes to detect it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to REAPERDAGREAT13 For This Useful Post:

whiteboinoob (2009-03-04)

Oh werd it worked, I didn't know my computer would recognize it if it went to dfu mode because it wasn't reading it on any computer when it wasnt in dfu mode I thought it was broken. Thanks!!!

Now I need to go home and try on unlocking and jailbreaking it. I was using winpwn and right when I got to the step to turn in on in dfu mode winpwn crashes and gets some error. Tried it a bunch of times and still no avail. I read somewhere else that After that step I can just do it my self through itunes with a little shift+click action. So we'll see how that goes *yay*

ok, got home and tried it. shift+click on the restore button, click on my custom .ipsw and got an unknown error (1600) from itunes. I currently have itunes 7.7. any ideas...frustrating

ok, got home and tried it. shift+click on the restore button, click on my custom .ipsw and got an unknown error (1600) from itunes. I currently have itunes 7.7. any ideas...frustrating

ok.....so i've been working on it and I've come to the conclusion that itunes will restore to the ipsw downloaded via itunes, but when i create a custom ipsw it give me the erorr (1600)...any one have any clue whats going on? been searching forums and the web all morning.
    Last edited by whiteboinoob; 2009-03-04 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go to Library/iTunes/”Device Support”.If that directory is already there, try removing any files in it.