Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quickpwn - Unlocking?

Default Quickpwn - Unlocking?
    Hello All,

I have just tried to upgrade my sons 2g iPhone using Quickpwn.

The phone was originally software version 1.1.4 and iTunes was 7.6.2.

I originally unlocked, activated and jailbroke the phone (about a year ago) using iLibertyX but wanted my lad to be able to download apps and movies. Everything is working well except for the most important thing.....the phone! He can't make calls as it is showing 'No Service'.

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

you can try my site to upgrade it, worked for me

You can update the iphone in Itune to v 2.2 then use WinPWN to unlock. Working good for me! Hope this will help.

Is that for windows?

Thanks

I have just tried to upgrade my sons 2g iPhone using Quickpwn.

The phone was originally software version 1.1.4 and iTunes was 7.6.2.

I originally unlocked, activated and jailbroke the phone (about a year ago) using iLibertyX but wanted my lad to be able to download apps and movies. Everything is working well except for the most important thing.....the phone! He can't make calls as it is showing 'No Service'.
    How to Jailbreak and unlock the Original iPhone (1st Gen) using 2.2 firmware

Preparation for Jailbreak

1. First, Upgrade iTunes to version 8.0 or higher and backup your iPhone data by synchronizing it with iTunes.

2. You need to have .NET Framework installed to use QuickPWN 2.2.1 on Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...2fdotnetfx.exe

3. Download QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 from

http://quickpwn2-2-1.googlecode.com/...kPwn-225-2.zip

4. Download fimrware 2.2 for (iPhone 1st Gen) called iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

5. Download both Bootloader v3.9 (bl39.bin) and Bootloader v4.6 (bl46.bin).

BL39.bin - http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=131
    BL46.bin - http://www.iphone-hacks.com/download.php?id=132

6. Make sure you save the iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw firmware, unpack QuickPwn-225-2.zip files and bl39.bin and bl46.bin all in the same folder.

Restoring iPhone (1st Gen) Firmware 2.2 via iTunes

7. Next, connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iTunes. Select your iPhone in iTunes.

8. Now hold the SHIFT key and click the “Restore” button. iTunes will launch a file dialog for you to select the firmware file. Locate the “iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw” you have downloaded in previous step and click “Open”.

9. iTunes will then restore your iPhone with firmware 2.2. Keep your iPhone connected, don’t touch it and wait until the process completes.

Jailbreaking with QuickPwn 2.2.5-2

10. Launch QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 to start jailbreak.

11. Ensure you have the iPhone connected and then click blue button to continue.

12. Next, you are required to provide the firmware 2.2 IPSW file. Click “Browse” button to locate iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw.

13. After selecting the firmware, QuickPwn will ask you to select which installers you would like to add as well as replacing the boot screens and unlocking the phone.

At this screen, Add "Cydia" and "Installer" and if you are on a non-AT&T network, like T-Mobile, you will need to add "Unlock phone". Leave “Replace boot logo” unchecked. Click blue arrow button to continue.

14. Now, QuickPwn starts to jailbreak your iPhone. It automatically puts the iPhone into recovery mode. After that, you’ll be asked to hold Home button for 5 seconds. Then hold Home and Power buttons together for 10 seconds. Next, release Power button and continue to hold Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode (QuickPwn will prompt you when you’re in DFU mode, just follow what QuickPwn says).

15. Once completed, QuickPwn will let you know the jailbreak process is successful. Your iPhone will be restarted.

16. Congratulations you have sucessfully jailbroken your iPhone (1st Gen).
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-02-24 at 10:42 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

aristeo1 (2009-03-22), Gra (2009-02-24)

Reddawg you are a legend. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such and easy to follow process. I used an old Sony Viao and followed your instructions. When I tried to use quickpwn I initially received a message telling me that the .NET Framework wasn't correct (or similar) so I persevered and downloaded the required .NET software.

I then used Quickpwn and did as you instructed.

I now have a working iPhone.

Thank you very much for your help.

G

Thanks

Gra,

That's great news. I'm glad I could help. I added the .NET Framework requirements to the above instructions for others. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-02-24 at 10:45 PM.